Senior Resident Services Coordinator
Senior Resident Service Coordinator, Georgetowne Homes, Hyde Park, MA
Position Description: The Senior Resident Service Coordinator (Sr. RSC) develops and coordinates support services for residents. The Sr. RSC will ensure resident and community success through close work with property management, building and sustaining relationships with local and regional partners, planning programs and other on-site opportunities for residents, and working one-on-one with residents to assist them in achieving their goals and maintaining housing stability. The Sr. RSC is also responsible for the supervision of RSCs and Assistant RSCs at their property or in the assigned region.
Senior Resident Service Coordinator Role:
- Provide strategic leadership for the property in creating and implementing programs, partnerships and services that meet the needs of residents and fulfill any obligations based on property financing.
- Supervise RSCs both within the property and across the region.
- Participate in Sr. RSC leadership calls with other Sr. RSCs across the company and lead projects and tasks to further the goals of the department.
- Attend meetings to plan for acquisition of new properties in the region.
- Ensure effective working relationships with Area Resident Service Manager (ARSM), RSC colleagues, corporate staff and Property Management team.
- Assess and coordinate resident referrals and resources by recommending solutions to resolve resident issues impacting their life and refer them to suitable community services, resources and entitlement programs, as appropriate.
- Build relationships with residents to better understand their aspirations and goals and connect them with local resources and opportunities.
- Create partnerships with local organizations to successfully implement community engagement initiatives including implementation of required contracts.
- Assist elders or those at-risk, and non-elderly residents with disabilities to maintain living independently through collaboration and coordination of programs with wellness nurse/health care agency to addresses common health concerns such as, fall prevention, nutrition, grief and loss, medication management, dealing with incontinence, healthy weight loss, brain health/improving cognitive functions and general social-emotional wellbeing.
- Lead coordination of resident support and resources on housing stabilization issues such as late rent payments, housekeeping, and other lease violations.
- Collaborate with property management team to develop program budgets that reflect needs of the resident population and that comply with program finance obligations.
- Create consistent outreach and communication with residents including completing new resident assessments, newsletters, flyers, monthly calendars, telephone calls and door knocking.
- Use Beacon’s data collection and analysis systems to document services provided to residents and outcomes achieved.
- Track and monitor the property’s Community Engagement budget.
- Processes Reasonable Accommodation requests for residents with disabilities.
- Collaborate with the property management team and attend weekly meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with older adults, and issues relating to isolation, health and wellness and other social determinants of health.
- Experience working with youth and families and issues relating to workforce development, youth enrichment, education, and asset building.
- Ability to understand and respect values, attitudes, and beliefs that differ across cultures and to respond appropriately to these differences with residents in planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and services.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to manage and support a team to implement programs and services in a changing landscape.
- Capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, including but not limited to, residents, senior staff, volunteers, interns, and community partners.
- Ability to collect, track and understand data to assess programs and partnerships and inform strategies.
- Proficiency with technology and an interest in learning how to integrate new technology-based tools and resources into programming.
- Operate in a timely manner, with consistency and a high level of integrity and professionalism; provide excellent customer service to residents and partners.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in motivating and energizing staff.
- Excellent communication, organization, problem-solving and writing skills. Proficiency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and other computer programs.
- Knowledge of Yardi, Property Management databases, FamilyMetrics is a plus.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local policies affecting housing is a plus.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings is required.
- Bilingual in English and dominant language of minority in community i.e., Spanish, Cape Verdean, Haitian Creole, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, etc. is a plus.
Education & Experience:
- M.S.W., M.A. in Counseling, Human Services, Sociology, Community Development, Public Health, or a related field preferred. Minimum of B.S./B.A. degree in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, or related field.
- Minimum of four years of experience as a Resident Service Coordinator in housing or equivalent work experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Resident Services
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA