Landscaper, Georgetowne Homes, Hyde Park, MA
General Statement of Duties: Assists Landscape Supervisor with maintaining the physical condition of the property according to company operating and safety standards.
Supervision Received: Landscape Supervisor.
Supervision Exercised: No supervisory duties required.
Essential Functions of the Position: (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all that may be found in positions of this class.)
- Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
- Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
- Maintains lawns including mowing, weeding, tree and shrub pruning, raking, sweeping, edging, planting, mulching and removing trash.
- Maintains outdoor furnishings and recreational equipment.
- Maintains walkways, fences and benches including staining.
- Maintains and repairs equipment.
- Executing preventive maintenance.
- Cooperates with maintenance personnel.
- Removes snow.
- Picks up and delivers materials.
- Special projects as assigned by Landscape Supervisor or Property Manager.
Education and Experience: High School diploma, G.E.D. or vocational/technical training helpful. Experience helpful.
Qualifications and Skills: Neat and orderly work habits. Must have valid Driver’s License. Adequate knowledge of landscape maintenance and construction. Detail oriented. Good interpersonal skills. Fluent in English; bilingual capabilities helpful. Patient, pleasant and professional demeanor. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity. Ability to be an active team member within the company. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Physical Capabilities: Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to climb and work on ladders. Ability to work with arms raised over head. Ability to bend at knees and waist for lifting and shoveling snow. Ability to be outdoors for long periods of time in all seasons.
Beacon Core Competencies required for all positions:
Teamwork, Integrity/Ethics, Dependability, Customer Focus, Adaptability/Flexibility.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, beginning on the first of the month after hire.
- 401(k) with company match, short term disability and long term disability insurance.
- 3 weeks’ paid vacation, 13 paid holidays.
- Summer flex scheduling options to allow for early releases on Friday from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Job Family Landscaping
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Hyde Park, Boston, MA, USA