Van Driver/Porter - Part Time
Clinton, MD, USA Req #1075
Friday, September 23, 2022
DRIVER / PORTER, BRANCHWOOD TOWERS, CLINTON, MD
Supervision Received: Reports to Property Manager.
Supervision Exercised: N/A.
Essential Functions of the Position: This is a part-time position. (Any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the listed examples include all duties that may be found in positions of this class.)
• Provides transportation for activities and resident needs, both social and personal.
• Cleans and performs routine maintenance on van.
• Implements shopping, service and recreational van trips.
• Delivers notices to apartment doors within building.
• General Cleaning Duties including, but not limited to vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, polishing, disinfecting trash rooms and restrooms.
• Assist with maintaining cleaning supply inventory.
• Assist with trash removal and picking up litter on property or grounds.
• Light maintenance duties such as changing light bulbs or plunging a drain.
• Performs special projects, as assigned by Manager.
• Fosters a positive, active and collaborative relationship with residents, communities and associated agencies.
• Enforces and adheres to company policies, rules and regulations.
• Works patiently, professionally and cooperatively with residents and staff.
• Preserves and respects resident, applicant and staff confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned by Manager
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
Qualifications and Skills: Must maintain a valid driver’s license. Ability to work independently, should be a self-starter. Ability to plan, organize and lead according to resident needs. Fluent in English. Bilingual capabilities may be required depending on property. Ability to handle emergency situations and pressure due to complexity and time sensitivity. Ability to be an active team member within the company. Preserves and respects resident and applicant confidentiality.
Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity for competent driving and assisting residents in and out of van. Ability to walk through the community. Ability to operate cleaning equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally climb and work on ladders, climb stairs, stand/walk for long period of time, work with arms raised over head, bend at waist and knees to life boxes and packages.
Background Check: Criminal Background Checks (CORIs for MA applicants), Drug/Alcohol Screening and Driver Record Checks are performed for all maintenance employees.
Beacon Communities LLC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. We are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other protected class.
Beacon Communities - 2018, 2019, 2020 Boston Globe's Top Places to Work!!
At Beacon, we strive to make a difference in our residents’ lives. We build outstanding communities that make enduring contributions to the vitality of our cities and towns. We create communities that serve a diverse cross section of our society. Our communities are healthy and vibrant. Why? Because they are planned with care, consideration, and compassion.
Company Overview: Founded in 2004, Beacon Communities LLC is a privately-owned real estate firm that develops, acquires, invests in, and manages a wide range of multifamily housing. Beacon currently owns and manages approximately 18,000 apartments including affordable housing, market rate housing, and mixed income-housing. Its developments range from new construction, to historic adaptive reuse, to the renovation of existing housing.
- Job Family Maintenance
- Pay Type Hourly
This posting is inactive.
- Clinton, MD, USA