Peer Specialist - PACT - PACT
Bay Cove Human Services, Inc., a leading Massachusetts human services organization seeks a Peer Specialist to join us in our mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the life-long challenges of developmental disabilities, mental illness and drug and alcohol dependency. The Peer Specialist is mission driven, with exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills who provides coaching and consultation to clients in promoting recovery and self-direction. The Peer Specialist has achieved recovery and now serves as a mentor to individuals who are in the process of developing resilience.
We are looking for someone who strives to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.
Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring.
- Deliver Services - Assist clients in building skills that help promote their own recovery and self-sufficiency.
- Teach recovery principles and offer support to team staff by sharing their personal experiences.
- Build and Maintain Relationships -Maintain effective working relationships with State Facility Campus Police, Department of Mental Health and other mental health providers and local community resources throughout the Metro Boston community.
- Ensure a Safe Environment - Ensure that safety standards are followed consistently providing a safe environment for clients and staff.
- Perform Administrative Components - Complete required documentation including service notes and shift logs.
- Track Record - Must be either receiving mental health services or received services in the past and have self-knowledge to manage his/her mental health diagnosis with an established recovery process.
- Be willing to serve as a mentor to others in the process of recovery by sharing own recovery experience to support clients and inspire hope.
- Licensure/Certification: Driver’s license; Certified or become a Certified Peer Specialist (Mass CCPS or equivalent) within one year of hire.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office and Google Email and Apps.
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation Skills- Demonstrated ability to de-escalate crises in a manner that ensures safety for all involved and provides for the best care and welfare of the person in crisis.
- Keywords: healthcare, human services, mental health, psychiatric disabilities, rehabilitation, recovery, crisis counseling, direct care, goal planning, job coaching, self-sufficiency, peer, mentor, certification, behavioral health, education support, Nonprofit, Certified Peer Specialist, Peer Coach, Peer Support Worker.
A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA