Early Intervention Speech/Language Pathologist - Early Intervention
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Utilizing your expertise as an SLP, you provide evidence-based services to children and their families through home visiting, evaluation, and/or groups in keeping with our mission. This is an exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Provides Speech therapy with children and their caregivers as needed on assigned cases.
- Provides service coordination of assigned cases, including home visits, crisis management, collateral contacts, and transition planning.
- Facilitates developmental assessments on all assigned cases and participates in assessments of children assigned to other team members, including doing the written reports of such assessments.
- Provides group leadership as assigned (parent and /or child groups), including planning, setup, cleanup and playroom maintenance with co-leaders.
- Maintains written case records in accordance with QA requirements.
- Attends all necessary meetings (such as IEP planning meetings) prior to child’s transition out of the program.
- Has knowledge of and adheres to DPH service and billing guidelines.
- Provides direct service units sufficient to meet 100% of productivity requirements.
- Attends supervision, management and staff meetings regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements for the position
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a culturally diverse population of clients, other care providers, family, community members and state agency representatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of multidisciplinary and cross-functional teams.
- Has demonstrated professional documentation and communication skills, as well as demonstrated organizational skills.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve differences.
- Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced human service environment.
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to ongoing industry changes.
- Ability to articulate and communicate Bay Cove's mission and strategic direction in a consistent and enthusiastic manner to departmental staff.
- Ability to identify opportunities and obstacles and develop effective, creative solutions to pursue opportunities.
- Ability to go up and down stairs and lift at least 40 lbs.
- An acceptable CORI, SORI and Background records check (for involvement with DCF).
- Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology with an MA license as CCC-SLP or must be under supervision as a Clinical Fellow working towards independent licensure.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
Timeline for completion
What time? Where?
Program Specific Orientation
Foundations of MA EI: An orientation to EI. Part I
Foundations of MA EI: An orientation to EI. Part II
Basic Clinical Skills
Infant and Toddler First Aid (if a group leader)
First Aid Recertif.(if a group leader)
Every 2 years
CPR (if a group leader)
CPR Recert (if a group leader).
Every 2 years
at sign on
- Job Family Health Care Professional - Specialist
- Job Function 2A
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA