Social Work Case Manager - CASPAR Emergency Shelter
A Social Worker supports this mission in your daily care, interventions, teaching and guidance of 240 Albany St Shelter clients.
This is a non-exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Essential Functions of Position:
• The Clinician provides “on-demand” counseling interventions to high-risk people experiencing homelessness in a shelter setting.
• Will provide crisis intervention, assess mental health concerns, provide brief counseling, and advocacy services to/for the clients (guests).
• The Clinician will have a specialized focus on coordinating care with internal teams and external agencies for the clients.
• The Clinician helps clients obtain the skills, support and resources needed to achieve stability in key areas such as housing income maximization, and behavioral health and will be an integral part of the crisis intervention team.
• The clinician will coordinate all discharge planning with inpatient facilities including if necessary see client in facility before discharge.
• Completes assessment and determines with the client (and co-workers when appropriate) the individual treatment and aftercare plans
• Responsible for client aftercare referrals (follow-up substance abuse treatment) and placement
• Promotes ongoing participation of the client with decisions involving plans, goals and progress
• Ensures the completions of psychosocial, admission HMIS form, and treatment plan within first 24-48 hours after patient admission along with Case manager.
• Tracks referral activities and provides them for quarterly TEA reporting
• Coordinates treatment services with external treatment providers, outpatient counselors/therapists, opioid treatment, and other partners such as primary care, DCF, Courts
• Completes discharge summary and discharge HMIS form
• Maintains relevant and timely counseling progress notes including all interventions an referrals
• Leads educational/recovery client groups as assigned
• Available for weekend and holiday coverage in fair and equitable distribution
• Attends staff meetings, supervision, in-service conferences, periodic reviews and other relative meetings as determined by the clinical or program director
• Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary treatment team
• Responsible for conducting post-discharge follow-up for clients within 30 days of discharge
• Other Social Work duties as directed by the clinical director or program director
• BA in SW
• 2-4 years’ experience with highly vulnerable, high-barrier, individuals and awareness of issues common to those who are experiencing homelessness.
• Experience with a population with co-occurring disorders
• Experience working with and within a substance abuse treatment environment a plus.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the federal regulations pertaining to confidentiality of substance abuse treatment
• Understanding of computer basics
• A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
• Must be able to work with individuals with substance use and mental health disorders in a respectful, compassionate and supportive manner
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise sound judgment, patient boundaries, remain calm under pressure
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work as a team member as well as independently
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA