Reporting & Data Analyst - Accounting
Reports To: Senior Director of Budgets & Contracts
The Data & Reporting Analyst is a member of and provides technical and analytical supports to the Budgets & Contract department. The Data & Reporting Analyst is an Excel Expert who creates and maintains systems to track financial data, and assesses trends and variances for purposes of budget variance analysis and forecasting. The Data & Reporting Analyst provides regular financial reporting and ad hoc modelling as needed, and communicates findings to Senior Director of Budgets & Contracts.
This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
Administrative & Financial Management Skills
Budget & Reporting, 40%
• Maintains all departmental budget, audit and reporting template workbooks in Excel; makes improvements with input and feedback from other members of Budgets & Contracts department.
• Creates new workbooks, systems and processes for the Budgets & Contracts department, related to tracking financial data and for analysis and reporting purposes. Writes policies and instructions on how to maintain processes.
• Ensures budgetary integrity by uploading and reconciling approved annual budget and revised budget and identifying and rectifying budget changes or errors throughout the year.
• Maintains Chart of Accounts.
Payroll & Staffing Analysis, 30%
• Utilizes HRIS, general ledger and budget reports to perform monthly analysis and ad-hoc financial modelling related to payroll expenses, vacancies, use of agency staffing, cost impact of raises, etc.
• Ensures consistency across agency in areas of pay between like roles and potential for compression problems. Works with Human Resources and Payroll departments to corroborate and confirm personnel and role information.
• Tracks labor allocations, living wage ordinances and other regulatory requirements for compliance and audit standards.
Revenues & Contract Utilization, 10%
• Gathers budgeted and monthly actual contract revenue and utilization data from Analysts, billing reports, general ledger and Ehana, for dashboard trend analysis and projection purposes.
• Establishes trust by providing consistent and reliable information, and maintains positive, effective and professional relationships with colleagues and other stakeholders.
• Assists other members of Budgets & Contract Department with setting up custom tools for analysis within their assigned portfolios.
• Communicates analytical findings related to trend and payroll analysis, process and procedure or other issues to Senior Director of Budgets & Contracts.
• Meets regularly with all members of the Budgets & Contracts department to review and address budget variances, cost projections and other trends, to confirm that findings correlate on micro and macro levels and to contextualize the contractual impact of such findings.
• Completes other tasks as requested, and acts a resource for information sharing and problem solving, advising on financial impacts of programmatic decisions.
Department Management and Operations Responsibilities
• Participates in annual audit, including but not limited to preparing UFR information and audit schedules, and providing documentation to auditors as requested.
• Assists with software upgrades and implementations within the Budget & Contracts Department and the Business Office.
• Interfaces with other Central Administration staff to address and resolve fiscal policy and procedure issues as they arise.
• Attends and achieve competency at required training, including in service training, conferences, and seminars within the indicated timelines.
• Assists Executive Management and Business Office leadership with other tasks and projects as directed.
• Follows and implements all program safety procedures.
Requirements for the position:
• Proven Advanced Excel skills (e.g., Macros, Index Match, Pivot Tables) and experience with accounting and payroll software systems and reporting functions. High degree of general computer literacy; ability to learn new applications quickly.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, manipulate, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to read and interpret financial statements and reports, and correlate findings to raw source data and anecdotally to happenings in the field.
• Comfortable in a high visibility setting, collaborating with people at all levels and effectively communicating by written, oral and visual means.
• Ability to plan, organize and execute complex assignments within narrow timeframes.
• Experience with financial accounting and budgeting principles, software systems and reporting functions.
• Ability to acquire data from multiple data sources (i.e. Dayforce HRIS, Great Plains Dynamics, Ehana, Sceris, miscellaneous reports and documents) for analysis.
• Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong commitment to excellence in your work, particularly accuracy and integrity in analysis and communications.
• Ability to negotiate and resolve differences.
• Ability to function under pressure in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
• Ability to be flexible, open, and responsive to ongoing industry and agency changes.
• Initiative in identifying and addressing problems, and creative thinking in developing effective, creative solutions to those problems.
• Ability to move between various Bay Cove locations and when necessary to attend meetings at various locations within and outside of Bay Cove.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited School or College with an emphasis in the Accounting, Finance, Human Services Management, or related field, plus at least two years experience in fiscal analysis and interpreting financial reports; or a Master’s degree plus at least one year experience.
• Human Services experience preferred.
• An acceptable CORI (criminal record assessment)
• A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
This is an Exempt position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA