Counselor - Mirasol Center for Healing- $3000 Bonus
$3,000 Bonus! $1,500 at 6 months of employment and $1,500 at 12 months of employment!
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
Working under the direction of the Clinical Director of the Clinical Stabilization Services (CSS) program, the Counselor works with a multidisciplinary team, and is responsible for providing clinical services (including assessment, individual and group therapy) and case management for clients in the CSS program. The Counselor also ensures that clients are seamlessly transitioned to the next level of care. This is a non-exempt position.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Essential Functions of Position:
- Provides counseling/therapy that promotes a stable clinical and psychological condition for patients, post-detoxification.
- Completes the bio-psychosocial assessment within 48 hours after admission to assess patient’s social, psychological and motivational needs and develop their initial individual treatment and discharge plans.
- Promotes ongoing participation of the client with decisions involving treatment planning and goal setting.
- Works closely with the patient, their family and/or natural or social supports, as well as the program’s multidisciplinary teams to ensure ongoing (at least every 48 hours) review and updating of patients’ treatment plans.
- Facilitate clinical therapy with patients through individual, group and (as necessary) family sessions.
- Maintains relevant and timely counseling progress notes.
- Participates in ongoing multidisciplinary case conferences/client care meetings.
- Leads various psycho-educational, therapy and recovery oriented groups as assigned and ensure all relevant documentation.
- Adheres to federal and state policies (42 CFR Part 2, HIPAA) and ensures appropriate releases are obtained to exchange and disclosure necessary client information.
- Participates in staff/supervision meetings and attend related professional development sessions/trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements for the position:
- BA/BS or minimum four years of experience in a Human Services field.
- Licensure of Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC I or LADC II) or Certified Addictions Counselor (CAC) or Certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counselor (CADAC).
- Minimum three years of experience in substance use disorder treatment and at least two years of counseling experience.
- Strong knowledge of the substance use treatment continuum and services and related community resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work with individuals with substance use disorders.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License with at least two years driving experience in good standing.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the
- allottedtime frame.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, remain calm under pressure and establish firm boundaries in order to effectively address client concerns and/or respond to emergencies as they arise
- Ability to adapt and successfully function within a fast-paced service environment with competing demands
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Strong social, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with utilizing computers and related software (i.e. Microsoft Office, Google etc.)
The employee may regularly be required to sit, stand, use hands, talk, hear, reach with arms, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or run. The employee may regularly be required to move, by pushing, pulling or lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA