LPN - Connors House
Unique and exciting nursing position with Bay Cove Developmental Services. Come be a part of our dedicated and caring nursing team and partner with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities living in a Revere group home. Small case load of 6 individuals, positive supportive work environment and great benefits package! No experience required, willing to train but DD experience is a plus!
Salary: $35 / hour
Someone who is passionate about DD Nursing and is a strong advocate for adults with disabilities. Someone who is compassionate and a team player. Someone who possesses basic computer skills for record keeping, documentation, email, etc. Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities is a plus.
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing direct nursing care, monitoring the health care of individuals, and assisting individuals with accessing appropriate health care within the LPN scope of practice. The LPN is also responsible for monitoring the medication system and training staff. Clinical assistance is under the direction of the RN Nurse Manager. The LPN contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by providing effective and compassionate services and through advocacy, education and leadership. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Work collaboratively and in a leadership role with Direct Care Staff/CNAs. Oversee healthcare duties of CNAs and other Direct Care Staff
- Provide training and leadership to staff and residents in health care, such as vital sign monitoring, diabetes, health care documentation, dysphagia, therapeutic positioning, first aid, skin care, etc.
- Monitor and assess individuals and make recommendations regarding medical issues.
- Consult with Program Directors and Senior Program Directors to promote and ensure optimum health and health care of individuals in programs.
- Facilitate communication with medical professionals including meeting with them as necessary, regarding medication and or health care needs of individuals.
- Complete documentation such as shift nursing notes, treatment sheets, flow sheets, vital signs, and pain monitoring documentation.
- Provide direct nursing care such as nursing assessment, ROM, repositioning, weekly weights, administer medication administration in compliance with MAP policies.
- Provide personal hygiene care including bathing, showering, shaving, nail clipping, dressing, grooming, changing, oral hygiene, etc. while promoting independence.
- Perform household maintenance and cleaning tasks which have been designated by shift responsibilities and as assigned by supervising personnel.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by supervising personnel
Requirements for the Position:
- Massachusetts Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Proficient in clinical and professional interpersonal skills, verbal, writing, and computer skills
- Valid Driver's license
- Drive the wheelchair van to take residents to and from appointments or outings.
- Attend staff and supervision meetings as required by supervising personnel.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA