Clubhouse Worker - Transitions of Boston - $3,000 Bonus
Rate - $21.00/hr.
$3,000 Bonus - $1,500 after 3 months, $1,500 after 6 months
Schedule - 40 hours 9a-5p Monday through Friday
Improving the quality of the lives of individuals and their families who face the challenges of developmental disabilities, aging, mental illness, and drug and alcohol addiction. We will accomplish this mission by providing effective and compassionate services and through advocacy and leadership.
The Clubhouse Worker supports this mission performing the following tasks:
- Facilitate Food Services work unit.
- Provide job coaching services for members involved in all types of employment: Transitional, Supported, and Independent.
- Facilitate Food Services discussion groups, and outings.
- Function as key staff members.
Requirements for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in human services, and at least one year’s experience working with adults with psychiatric disabilities.
- Ability to relate to individuals who possess a wide range of abilities and skills.
- Ability to relate to groups of all sizes.
- Ability to relate to a diverse membership in a manner that respects individual’s human dignity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, and good judgment.
- Computer Skills.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- An acceptable CORI.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Work side by side with club members in work units.
- Train club members in the use of unit equipment.
- Provide job coaching.
- Assist club members to negotiate Social Security entitlements.
- Function as a key staff member for assigned members.
- Complete rehabilitation plans for assigned club members.
- Maintain contact with members, providers.
- Provide supportive and crisis counseling.
- Write progress notes and incident reports.
- Facilitate other work unit as needed.
- Facilitate discussion groups, and outings.
- Provide outreach services to club members.
- Complete outreach log for DMH Contracting Reports.
- Assist with maintenance of physical plant.
- Drive agency van when needed
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $21.00
- Boston, MA, USA