Nurse Consultant - ACCS - Team 8
Sign on Bonus: $5,000
After the first 6 months, receive a bonus of $2,500
After the first 12 months, receive a bonus of $2,500
Mission Statement: Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
As a member of the multidisciplinary ACCS Integrated Team, the Nurse Consultant is responsible for promoting the overall health and wellness activities of Persons served by the Integrated Team. The Nurse Consultant is responsible for monitoring the Medication Administration Program (MAP), for promoting engagement, wellness, and independent living skills for Persons, and for providing support during times of transition, training staff and providing on-call consultation. The Nurse Consultant contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by demonstrating respect for all pathways to recovery, by serving as a Person’s advocate and by assisting Persons in developing goals in order to achieve greater independence and improved quality of life. This is an exempt position.
At the discretion of the ACCS Director and the Director of Health Services
Essential Functions of Position:
- Promote and ensure overall health and well-being of Persons consistent with the SAMHSA Eight Dimensions of Wellness.
- Provide direct treatment to Persons to enhance and develop their level of engagement, assist with skill building specific to activities of daily living and healthy decision making, including expanded physical activity, smoking cessation, harm reduction and abstinence from substance abuse
- Utilizes recovery-oriented language and principles in all communication and interactions with Persons, colleagues, and collaterals
- Promote independent living skills relating to medication management and self-administration, including psychoeducation specific to making informed decisions about treatment and self-care, self-advocacy, and self-administration of medication.
- Provide enhanced support to Persons during times of transition in and out inpatient hospitalizations, skilled nursing facilities, the criminal justice system, periods of homeless and other housing transitions to other levels of community living.
- Collaborate with Care Coordination Entities and other providers to ensure access to appropriate medical, clinical, self-help, and peer modalities during times of crisis, care transitions, other life transitions and changes in health status.
- Assist Persons with coordination of their health care including the maintenance of good communication between all involved care agencies, individual providers, emergency rooms, stabilization units and skilled nursing facilities.
- Facilitate communication with medical professionals including meeting with them as necessary, regarding medication and/or health care needs of Persons served.
- Provide training to staff and individuals in health care, such as blood pressure monitoring, diabetes, health care documentation, etc.
- Act as on call consultant to staff on a rotating schedule.
- Provide oversight of the Medication Administration Program (MAP) and provide additional MAP Training to staff when indicated.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements for the Position:
- Massachusetts Licensed Registered Nurse required
- A minimum of one year of nursing experience required
- At least one year of experience working with individuals diagnosed with severe mental health issues strongly preferred.
- Strong commitment to the right of each Person with mental health challenges to live in community residences, to work in market jobs, and to have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services of their own choosing.
- Professional writing and verbal communications skills.
- High degree of personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Ability to climb stairs and carry up to 40 pounds, as well as the physical capacity to assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, pay differential offered for candidates with fluency in certain essential languages.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $42.00
- Boston, MA, USA