Assistant Program Manager - ACCS - Bailey Street
Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
The Assistant Integrated Team Director works with the Integrated Team Director to establish, administer, and direct the ACCS Integrated Team which provides community based clinical services to adults with mental health challenges. These clinical and recovery oriented services are individualized and emphasize the use of evidence based strategies to engage, build relationships and promote active involvement with the Person served. The Assistant Integrated Team Director ensures that services are fully aligned and integrated with other community based systems and are designed to assure early and sustained engagement and clinical accountability. The Assistant Integrated Team Director contributes to Bay Cove’s mission by partnering with Persons to work towards personal goals in order to achieve greater independence and improved quality of life. This is an exempt position.
At the discretion of the ACCS Program Manager
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Assist in the facilitation of the day-to-day clinical operations of the ACCS Integrated Team including participation in regular the staff meetings; ensuring appropriate staff coverage for day and evening, weekend, and holiday shifts, and on-call hours; continuously evaluating the status of Persons served on the team and directing the planning and coordinating of appropriate treatment activities to ensure immediate attention to their changing needs.
- Provide guidance, feedback, and training to ACCS Integrated team members to insure the knowledgeable incorporation of evidence based practices and philosophies into engagement strategies, treatment planning and the selection of interventions based on each Persons’ assessed readiness and expressed interest in order to support long-term recovery. These practices include but are not limited to; Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral for Treatment (SBIRT), Stages of Change, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Seeking Safety and Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model (TREM).
- Assist in the direction and coordination of the development and operation of risk mitigation strategies, risk assessment and critical incident tracking for all ACCS Integrated Team components
- In the absence of the Integrated Team Director, direct and coordinate the intake process and treatment, rehabilitation, and support services of the program; schedule the intake interview; develop and coordinate the initial assessment and any initial treatment planning needed to address identified critical needs; participate in assigning the most appropriate staff to the Engagement Team; and provide clinical supervision over the development of the comprehensive assessment and the treatment plan for each Person.
- Assist in ensuring the provision and documentation of treatment and rehabilitation services to all Persons served by the team and ensure these services are delivered in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Participate in staff and intern recruitment, interviewing, hiring, orientation, work assignments, supervision, and performance evaluation in accordance with program and agency policy.
- Collaborate with Care Coordination Entities and other providers to ensure access to appropriate medical, clinical, self-help, and peer modalities during times of crisis, care transitions, other life transitions and changes in health status.
- Utilize recovery-oriented language and principles in all communication and interactions with Persons, colleagues, and collaterals.
- Provide crisis assessment, prevention, and needed intervention during the work day and while on-call on nights and weekends as scheduled.
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the Integrated Team by sharing in the administrative responsibilities and on-call coverage on a rotating basis as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Requirements for the Position:
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field required.
- LICSW, LCSW, LMHC, or other behavioral health category which qualifies as Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts required.
- At least three years of experience providing services to adults with mental health challenges.
- At least two years of supervisory and management experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in team building and facilitating group processes.
- Strong commitment to the right of each Person with mental health challenges to live in community residences, to work in market jobs, and to have access to helpful, adequate, competent, and continuous supports and services of their own choosing.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on an as needed basis.
- Professional writing and verbal communications skills.
- High degree of personal organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication administration required within 3 months of hire.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Ability to climb stairs and carry up to 40 pounds, as well as the physical capacity to assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
- Use of personal cellular telephone for work communication.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, pay differential offered for candidates with fluency in certain essential languages.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all individuals.
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and advocacy.
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with stakeholder/ partners
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA