CNA - Developmental Services - Freeland Street
Boston, MA, USA Req #57
Thursday, July 14, 2022
Bay Cove Human Services has been recognized by the Boston Globe as one of the Top Places to Work in 2021. This is the sixth year that Bay Cove has been acknowledged for this distinction.
Mission Statement: Our Mission is to increase the independence of adults who face challenges presented by developmental disabilities by teaching developmental skills and providing high-quality services and opportunities for growth.
Job Summary: The CNA provides specialized direct care services for assigned individuals.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Work cooperatively with staff and program participants as assigned to implement objectives and therapeutic activities that support Individual Service Plan goals.
- Ensure that the program participants’ needs are met and communicated with program staff and treatment team according to regulations and prescribed need.
- Coordinate personal care schedule for program staff to meet all the needs of the program.
- Utilize training in personal care needs to engage individuals.
- Perform personal care functions for individuals with disabilities, including changing, toileting, feeding, and laundry.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the use of electronic database, email, electronic record keeping and online training systems.
- Use adaptive equipment and mechanical lift systems competently as per training and supervision to facilitate the movement and lifting of physically disabled individuals for personal care assistance.
- Train individuals to increase independent functioning in self-care and activities of daily living related to personal care, including personal hygiene, grooming, and eating.
- Provide required documentation for individuals’ activities for each day.
- Report medical and health concerns to LPN, RNs and Program Directors and provide emergency interventions.
- Participate in the development and implementation Individual Service Plans as a member of the Residential Services team.
- Attend staff meetings, treatment team meetings, in-service trainings, conferences and seminars as required to develop skills and information for program operation.
- Ability to operate accessible vans equipped with lifts.
- Deliver all services to all program individuals at all times with respect and dignity in accordance with human rights training, DDS regulations for human rights, and Bay Cove standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the R.N., L.P.N., or Program Director.
- High School degree
- Two years of job experience in a training program working with this population and/or Associate Degree in human services related field preferred
- Certification as Nurse’s Aide required.
- Maintain required training certifications including C.N.A., C.P.R., First Aid and M.A.P.
- Maintain valid driver’s license.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Ability to assist adult men and women of various ages with physical, intellectual, psychiatric and/or developmental disabilities.
- Ability to assist people with mobility impairments as needed.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to take direction from supervising staff and complete assigned duties.
- Coordinate and provide direction around personal care needs and scheduling to program staff.
- Ability to engage individuals with cognitive and physical disabilities and support their skills development towards self-determination and independence.
- Ability to learn new skills and apply techniques and information learned in training.
- Ability and physical capacity to perform physical care tasks to assist people with mobility impairments as needed utilizing safety protocols and approved techniques.
- Knowledge of human rights principles and demonstrated ability to treat individuals with developmental and physical disabilities with respect and dignity.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively as a member of a service delivery team.
- Ability to negotiate and resolve differences.
- Ability to be flexible, open and responsive to the needs of the program and program participants.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boston, MA, USA