UNIVERSAL BANKER 1 POOL
WE ARE BANK OF LABOR
How have we managed to thrive for nearly 100 years as your reliable, locally-owned bank? It’s because we have not lost sight of the importance of friendly, personal service. At the same time, we’re nimble, tech-smart and ready to find creative solutions many mega banks are just not set up to handle.
We’re that close-knit team of bankers who stand together for our community, our neighbors and our future. We offer innovative solutions for a changing world, combining exceptional service with convenience—the best of past and present. We’ve got your back, so to speak, which is exactly what makes us feel less like just-another-bank and more like your trusted financial partner — a bank you choose to keep for generations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to prepare or interpret detailed written material and/or perform detailed mathematical functions.
- Specialized training in basic principles or techniques in specific areas such as, customer service, personal computers, teller/personal banking is necessary.
- Minimum educational requirement includes a high school degree or equivalent with prior sales and customer service experience in a retail banking environment; a college degree is preferred.
- Previous background in direct sales and a proven track record in a sales goal/ incentive environment will enhance the performance of this job
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal communications, verbal and written, is mandatory. This position requires daily interaction with employees, clients, and vendors; concise communication, translation and interpretation of various concepts are critical.
- A thorough knowledge of the procedures and polices related to the smooth functioning of the teller, personal banking, overdraft protection/safe deposit area and a working knowledge of the on-line computer system for information retrieval by using a CRT or teller terminal is necessary.
- Employee should have an understanding of compliance with Federal & State laws governing teller, personal banking, and overdraft protection/safe deposit areas.
- Attention to detail required.
- Previous demonstrated ability to work independently with little direct supervision.
- Must have the flexibility to travel to and work at any of our bank locations. Hours and locations will vary depending on the needs of the bank.
- May required registration on the federal Nation-wide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) Registry
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / EXPECTATIONS:
- Job Performance Behaviors: Contributing to organization success, job effectiveness, relationships, and customer satisfaction.
- As Substitute Teller, this individual assists in the daily operation of the facility; maintains compliance with security policies and procedures of the bank. The employee provides service to clients by accepting deposits, verifying cash, and issuing receipts for checking and savings accounts. In addition, the teller cashes checks by verifying endorsements, obtaining approvals for cash transactions, and referring clients to supervisor, manager, or officer when appropriate. transactions, and referring clients to supervisor, manager, or officer when appropriate.
- This position also performs other teller duties such as accepting loan and utility payments, issuing official checks and money orders, selling traveler’s checks, processing cash advances on credit cards and redeeming savings bonds. This individual prepares individual daily settlements of teller cash and proof transactions.
- As Substitute Personal Banker assists clients and branch personnel, by opening and processing various types of accounts. Responds to client inquiries regarding account status, research problems with accounts and resolves error whenever needed. Has a thorough understanding of all retail loan and value-added products. Provides account verification on information received from various sources when properly authorized by client. Capitalizes on opportunities to cross-sell additional bank services (Trust, Investments, and Loans) and makes referrals to appropriate department. Responds to client inquiries regarding account status, research problems with accounts and resolves error whenever needed.and value-added products. Provides account verification on information received from various sources when properly authorized by client. Capitalizes on opportunities to cross-sell additional bank services (Trust, Investments, and Loans) and makes referrals to appropriate department. Responds to client inquiries regarding account status, research problems with accounts and resolves error whenever needed.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $18.46
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Monday, October 24, 2022
- 756 Minnesota Ave, Kansas City, KS 66101, USA