Client Services Specialist - EBR
WE ARE BANK OF LABOR
How have we managed to thrive for nearly 100 years as your reliable, locally-owned bank? It’s because we have not lost sight of the importance of friendly, personal service. At the same time, we’re nimble, tech-smart and ready to find creative solutions many mega banks are just not set up to handle.
We’re that close-knit team of bankers who stand together for our community, our neighbors and our future. We offer innovative solutions for a changing world, combining exceptional service with convenience—the best of past and present. We’ve got your back, so to speak, which is exactly what makes us feel less like just-another-bank and more like your trusted financial partner — a bank you choose to keep for generations.
In accordance with established policies and procedures, the successful candidate performs a variety of duties insuring that the daily processing of all assigned tasks within the Trust Operations Department is completed accurately and in a timely manner. The employee’s work requires functional knowledge of many jobs within the department and provides training and backup of those responsibilities when necessary. The individual’s performance influences the professional image of the Bank within the community it serves.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Associates degree with 9 or more hours of accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to prepare or interpret detailed written materials and/or perform detailed mathematical functions.
- High degree of knowledge of bank operations & principles, trust accounting systems, custodian banks, DTC (Depository Trust Company).
- This position requires the individual to be detail oriented and possess a superior knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Thorough knowledge and experiences in the securities industry, with a thorough understanding of all security types.
- Understanding of Trust Systems (SEI experience a plus)
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with clients, investment managers and all levels of bank management.
- Accounting and/or trust accounting background.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (ERISA).
- Good grammar, writing and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Job Performance Behaviors: Contributing to organization success, job effectiveness, relationships, and customer satisfaction.
- Production of EBR statements for multiple clients. This includes but not limited to ordering the preliminary statements, printing the preliminary statements, emailing both preliminary and final statements the various Investment Managers and consultants, receiving the reconciliations from the Investment Managers, identifying, researching, and correcting discrepancies with the Investment Manager reconciliation for the final statement for the fund office and the Investment Manager. Ordering the final statements, printing, and disbursing the statements. Responsible for the annual EBR statements.
- Manages daily aspects of the roofer’s relationship (including but not limited to their contribution, pension payments, statement preparation, etc.).
- Assist in posting of monthly principal and interest payments on bank loan processing.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation for multiple location codes.
- Other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by Division Head or Trust Operations Manager/Supervisor to ensure a continuous workflow of daily operations.
- Other duties as assigned which may include but not limited to reviewing tax worksheets, asset scrubbing, helping with corporate actions.
- Provide backup to other Trust Operations positions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $23.50
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Job Start Date Monday, October 24, 2022
- 756 Minnesota Ave, Kansas City, KS 66101, USA