Social Media Content Producer
Position: Social Media Content Producer
Reports To: Social Media Manager
Team: Brand Marketing
Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski touring is the norm, MTB rides are the usual summer lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together for a post-work run. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.
About the Job:
Backcountry is looking for a Social Media Content Producer to support the creation of authentic, channel-specific content for our organic social media accounts. This role’s core focus will be to ideate, produce, edit, and publish video-first, engaging content that will inspire, engage, and grow the Backcountry audience on TikTok and Instagram.
This sole contributor is not only familiar with, but passionate about all things outdoors, including (but not limited to): Hiking, Camping, Running, Mountain Biking, Alpine Skiing and Snowboarding, Backcountry Skiing & Snowboarding, Paddle Sports, Climbing, Fly Fishing, and more. You will support the Social Media Manager, and work collaboratively with the creative and production teams, to develop a pipeline of video-forward assets to tell the Backcountry brand story. When not in the field or in the studio creating content, you will be supporting the Instagram and TikTok channels by sourcing, curating, scheduling & posting content from creators, athletes, ambassadors, and Backcountry Employees (Gearheads!) and assisting the Social Media Manager by managing community engagements.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about social media and the pursuit of awe in the outdoors. The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, excellent at multi-tasking and will thrive as a channel-specific content producer and project manager. They will have experience testing new platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels while working with more established platforms to bring social-first content to life.
- Manage Backcountry’s organic social media content pipeline by providing assets for daily posting of TikTok Videos, Instagram Reels, Stories, and Static Posts.
- Work with
- Captivate the Backcountry audience with awe inspiring, engaging content while representing an authentic brand voice and a cultural glimpse into the Herd and our way of life.
- Collaborate with the creative, event, retail, influencer and athlete teams to ideate social-first concepts emphasizing engaging, video-forward content
- Contribute to internal cross-functional team brainstorms to develop social storytelling concepts and extensions of brand campaigns
- Monitor industry trends and creative best practices to maintain a competitive library of new assets
- Leverage social listening tools to optimize and evolve content to drive impressions, engagement, and follower growth, while finding new opportunities to engage with our social community
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices, trends and emerging platforms
- Attend shoots / brand activations and potentially support in content capture that ladders up to the social content strategy - some travel may be required
- This position will require travel roughly 50 – 60% of the time.
- This position will require working outside of normal office hours to coordinate and engage live content on evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years producing content for organic social media
- Robust knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, both current and emerging, as well as their respective best practices and asset requirements (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.)
- Proven track record of producing content for growing social media channels and managing brand social media accounts with high follower count and high engagement rates
- Experience working with a wide range of creative formats including short-form video, photography, GIFs, and live videos
- Curiosity and passion for all things social media marketing - you can tell us about the latest trends in digital - who is killing it and why
- Strong communication skills and ability to build internal and external relationships
- A creative eye with the ability to create / post / react / manage on the fly
- Comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and lean team
- Fearlessness: be ready to dive right in, develop a point of view, own and share it
- Pay Type Salary
- Park City Office, 1678 West Redstone Center Drive, Park City, Utah, United States of America