Social Media Graphic Designer and Video Editor
Social Media Graphic Designer and Video Editor
The social media Graphic Designer and Video Editor is well-versed in the post-production video process and is passionate about creating engaging, social-media content about the great outdoors. This role is responsible for developing, editing, and delivering engaging motion graphics and video assets to the social media and brand marketing team.
The social media Graphic Designer and Video Editor must be able to relay technical information and brand messaging in an engaging and digestible manner to a broad range of outdoor customers with varying levels of expertise. The role is best suited for a creative video editor with excellent time management, creative problem-solving skills, a deep understanding of social media trends across multiple platforms, has a knack for graphic design and a dedication to the outdoors.
From TikTok videos, Instagram Reels and high-level brand campaigns to technical product videos, this position will be responsible for a wide gamut of assets, built specifically for social media channels. However, the scope of this position is subject to change based on brand and business needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and edit engaging motion graphics and videos
- Stay up to date with current trends specific to each social media platform
- Deliver motion graphics and videos to cross functional partners, businesses and platforms
- Backup and manage raw video assets and audio from photo/video shoots
- Occasional travel with the production team during on-location shoots
- Collaborate with cross functional partners to understand the creative direction, deliverables, key takeaways, etc. for any given project
- Has a solid understanding of Backcountry’s products, the outdoor lifestyle, and at least several core pursuits (e.g., skiing, biking, camping, climbing, fishing, rafting, kayaking, snowboarding, hiking, etc.) so that key features and benefits are correctly communicated and highlighted
- Assist with other marketing channels and marketing projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 2-4 years of post-production experience
- Motion graphics
- Video editing
- Audio processing
- Color correction
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, and Media Encoder, TikTok, IG Reels
- Cinema 4D experience a plus
- Strong understanding of cinema cameras, lighting and audio equipment
- Strong understanding of graphic design
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and project assignments
- Strategic thinker and detail-oriented
- Passionate about the outdoors and gear
- Self-driven, organized with a take ownership attitude
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee is regularly required to communicate with others
- The employee is regularly required to be able to lift 50+ pounds
- The employee is regularly required to be on their feet during the work day
- The employee is frequently required to sit and move about a second-floor office for meetings
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account
- Pay Type Salary
- Park City Office, 1678 West Redstone Center Drive, Park City, Utah, United States of America