PS Merch - Set Up Technician
We are committed to providing the highest level of service in the powersports industry. For us, that means having an enthusiastic Set Up Technician & Driver / Lot Attendant, Dealership on staff. This person is passionate about the industry, eager to grow their career, and ready and waiting to consistently deliver upon that commitment.
POSITION TITLE: Set Up Technician & Driver / Lot Attendant, Dealership
REPORTS TO: Service Manager, Dealership
LOCATION: Roanoke, Virginia
About the Role:
● Uncrate and set up new units upon delivery
● Perform pre-delivery inspections, routine tire changes, basic maintenance, and minor accessory installations
● Responsible for overall general housekeeping inside and outside the dealership
● Responsible for product cleanliness and detailing; both new and pre-owned
● Ability to assist in moving product from one location to another, i.e.; to and from Service, to and from Sales Department; as well as to and from our warehouse in Christiansburg and/or other off-site location
● Ability to pick up and deliver various items including but not limited to customer product.
● Able to work under close supervision of the Service and Sales Manager.
● Abide by all dealership policies pertaining to the department.
● Follow company dress codes and be well groomed at all times.
● Any other specific duties deemed necessary for the overall success of the department and the dealership as a whole.
● Maintain a positive working relationship with all other employees.
● Customer-first mindset
● Basic knowledge of at least one of the rider segments that we sell to/storefronts (Dirt, Street, ATV, Utility ATV, UTV, Cruiser)
● Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
● Strong ability to multitask and prioritize workload
● Proactive mindset and creative problem solving skills
● High School Diploma or equivalent
● Clean driving record with a valid driver’s license
● Ability and willingness to obtain motorcycle endorsement
● Ability to use or learn electronic platforms such as laptops, desktops, smart phones, tablets etc. These will be used for things such as industry software, timekeeping (ADP), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Exchange etc.), Outlook (email and calendar) and Google suite (Drive, Sheets, Documents, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
● The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud
● Ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
● May be required to push and/or balance a 600 lb+ recreational vehicle
● The ability to spend the majority of the day on your feet
Working Conditions: The Driver will potentially be exposed to:
● Battery acid
● Chemical cleaning materials or
● Other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle place of business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $14.43
- Travel % 0
- Telecommute % 0
- Job Start Date Wednesday, March 15, 2023
- MotoSport Dealership, 5120 Peters Creek Road, Roanoke, Virginia, United States of America