Staff Accountant I
The Staff Accountant will ensure the integrity and accuracy of our financial statements through activity analysis and account reconciliations. They will also prepare and consolidate balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, as needed for all of Backcountry’s websites and subsidiaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare general ledger entries, maintain records and files; reconcile accounts.
- Identify, research, and explain variances between actual and forecasted performance
- Substantiate financial transactions; audit documents and prepare account roll-forwards
- Use external statements to reconcile bank accounts, commercial cards and other payments.
- Reconcile revenue/cash cycle for organization with multi-faceted customer payment channels.
- Work with business owners and AP department to prepare accounting accruals
- Analyze information and options; seek efficiencies to improve monthly processes
- Utilize reports from multiple internal systems to collect and interpret data
- Answer accounting and financial questions through research and data analysis
- Implement accounting procedures and internal controls by analyzing current practices; recommend improvements
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, Master's degree preferred
- 0-3 years accounting experience, 1 year+ of accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting concepts and principles.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining accuracy of information and attention to detail.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite skills, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to multitask and balance priorities.
- Knowledge and familiarity of NetSuite and Looker is extremely helpful.
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.
- Pay Type Salary
- Telecommute % 25
- Park City Office, 1678 West Redstone Center Drive, Park City, Utah, United States of America