Part Time Retail Sales Associate - Gearhead ($17.50/hr.)
MARTY'S PART TIME RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE - GEARHEAD
LOCATION: This position is on-site at our Marty's Mountain Shop in Kimball Junction/Park City
PAY: $17.50 per hour
Geek out with customers in the retail store by sharing your insane expertise and gear knowledge. In addition to providing smashing service, you’ll act as the face of customer relations for Backcountry.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Place sales orders, process returns, and set up exchanges
- Support customers by helping them select relevant products or answer gear questions
- Cycle count regularly to maintain the highest level of inventory accuracy
- Maintain and manage cash flow to ensure a high level of accuracy
- Operate within multiple software systems to ensure the completion of all tasks
- Assist in maintaining engaging and creative displays to increase sales
- Helps keep retail store organized, clean, and presentable at all times
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six-months retail sales experience or as a Customer Solutions Gear Head
- Strong Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Strong ability to multitask
- Proactive mindset and creative problem solving skills
- Strong time management ability
- Ability to type 30+ WPM
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
- The employee must be able to stand and walk throughout the entire shift
- The employee may be required to lift objects that weigh over 50lbs
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT BACKCOUNTRY Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) Plan with a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) option.
Thanks for exploring our careers! For your time and effort, use promo code CAREERS22 for 15% off full-price items in your cart. Some exclusions apply.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $17.50
- Marty's Mountain Shop, 1635 Redstone Center Dr., Park City, Utah, United States of America