As Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the timeliness of our monthly accounting close and the accuracy of our financial statements. You will also be responsible for performing assigned accounting functions for all of Backcountry’s brands and to prepare and consolidate balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the monthly close process to ensure timely delivery of accurate financial statements and supporting schedules.
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments
- Maintain and balance an automated consolidation system by inputting and verifying data
- Analyze information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information
- Prepare or review general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts
- Prepare or review payments by accruing expenses; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents and preparing account roll-forwards
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Review, design and implement accounting procedures and internal controls by analyzing current procedures and controls; recommending changes
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Identify, research, and explain variances of actual performance to forecast
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Manage and train staff to understand and perform accounting reconciliations and procedures
- Represent the company to various trade professionals and groups, and ensure that the company’s professional reputation is maintained
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; stay up to date on professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related projects as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 4 to 6 years of Accounting experience
- CPA required
- Understanding of US GAAP, Reporting, and Accounting principles
- Excellent written (English), verba (English)l and analytical skills; ability to multitask and balance priorities
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining accuracy of information and attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite skills
- Knowledge and familiarity Netsuite and Adaptive
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.
- Pay Type Salary
- Park City Office, 1678 West Redstone Center Drive, Park City, Utah, United States of America