Merchandise Processor II - Bike Warranty ($18.00/hr.)
POSITION TITLE: Merchandise Specialist - Bike Warranty
LOCATION: Utah Fulfillment Center, West Valley City, UT
The Merchandise Specialist - Bike Warranty is responsible for determining and coordinating warranties between customers and vendors for bikes and bike parts. This person is responsible for assessing warranty issues, communicating and updating customers on warranties and aiding in bike returns in general.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to all emails in a 24 hour period (business days)
- Review all bike warranty cases to determine if the issue is warranty, user error, or crash replacement
- Obtain all pertinent information from customers to submit and process warranty claims
- Keep customers informed with timely updates with all pertinent information regarding their claims
- Set up warranty SKUs, receive SKUs, and create orders for customers
- Locate and ship parts that were missing or damaged on new bike orders
- Ship bad products to vendors in exchange for credit or replacement parts
- Create JIRA and manage JIRA tickets for warranty claims
- Add warranty/replacement items into inventory as needed
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Assist in training as needed
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with eBay and downgrades as needed
- Oversee department and coordinate work in the absence of the Product Solutions Manager
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 or more years of fulfillment experience in returns or downgrades; preferably min of 1 year with Backcountry
- Excellent working knowledge of all current Bike Products and parts as well as associated soft goods
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Knowledge of Google Drive, Docs and Sheets
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, , , and —aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
In addition to an outdoor enthusiast culture, we aim to create the best possible work environment in our temperature controlled, state-of-the art automated Fulfillment Center. We provide a supportive staff of managers and administrators to adhere to employee accommodations, onboarding and daily needs. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, recognition prizes, company events and in-office celebrations make for a positive employee morale and fun work atmosphere. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of flexible shift schedules with full and part-time availability and opportunities for advancement and quarterly increases. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Utah Fulfillment Center, 2607 South 3200 West, West Valley City, Utah, United States of America