Large Logo and Name

Fulfillment Center Non-Conveyable Team Lead ($21.85/hr.)

Utah Fulfillment Center, 2607 South 3200 West, West Valley City, Utah, United States of America Req #62
Friday, November 4, 2022

Fulfillment Center Non-Conveyable Team Lead -
Shift: 
Monday - Friday, 2:30pm - 11:00pm
Pay:  $20.00/hr. + $1.85/hr. shift differential = $21.85/hr.


ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Be a positive influence on the team
  • Direct employees to the work in order to maintain flow of the operations
  • Must spend 90% of worked time coaching and developing on the floor with employees, the other 10% should be for office/clerical work
  • Proficient in department specific SOPs
  • Be able to deal with pressure of meeting production schedules by planning and prioritizing fulfillment/customer needs
  • Participate in team meetings, receive instructions, and provide feedback as appropriate
  • Coach employees on job-specific tasks
  • Computer usage, including maintaining MS Excel spreadsheets, Warehouse Management System and internet
  • Read and audit labels
  • Analyze inventory and problems to initiate a resolution
  • Compile and send out end-of-day reports
  • Communicate effectively in person and via email (Outlook)
  • Use handheld to scan and process inventory
  • Identify, count and sort packages and inventory with high level of accuracy
  • Train new employees
  • Use internal ticketing system, Jira, to log problems and expedite resolution
  • Operate pallet jack
  • Use automated packaging equipment
  • Maintain a clean workspace
  • Complete and maintain forklift certification training (if trained and active forklift operator)
  • Other duties as assigned

NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Participate in LEAN initiatives
  • Participate in company events
  • Be a department Champion; able to assist Supervisor in answering of questions and
  • department supervision
  • Be able to support the GOAT Code as well as fulfillment leadership competencies

QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES
  • Prefer high school diploma or equivalency
  • 3 months experience in fulfillment center
  • 3 months experience as a Merchandise Processor
  • Verbal and written comprehension of the English language required
  • Basic math skills required
  • Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions
  • Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
  • Must be able to deal with the pressure of meeting production schedules
  • Computer skills, including familiarity with the internet and email required

ABOUT BACKCOUNTRY 

Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSportBergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content. 


In addition to an outdoor enthusiast culture, we aim to create the best possible work environment in our temperature controlled, state-of-the art automated Fulfillment Center. We provide a supportive staff of managers and administrators to adhere to employee accommodations, onboarding and daily needs. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, recognition prizes, company events and in-office celebrations make for a positive employee morale and fun work atmosphere. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of flexible shift schedules with full and part-time availability and opportunities for advancement and quarterly increases. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.
 

 
 
#LI-JH1 
#BCFULFILLMENT  

Other details

  • Pay Type Hourly
  • Travel Required No
Location on Google Maps
  • Utah Fulfillment Center, 2607 South 3200 West, West Valley City, Utah, United States of America