Influencer and Athlete Marketing Coordinator
Influencer and Athlete Marketing Coordinator
**this position is on-site at our corporate office in Park City.
About the Job:
Backcountry is looking for an Influencer Marketing Coordinator to support, optimize and grow organic the brand’s presence on social media. With a core focus on the day-to-day management of Backcountry’s professional athletes and influencer partners, this Swiss army knife will support the Director of Marketing and the social media team in real-time, assisting with strategy and daily execution of influencer and athlete content (coordinating, sourcing, curating ,distributing, tracking, reporting) on all platforms as well as collaborating with the in-house brand, merchandising, e-commerce, content, and creative teams to bring the brand to life through influencer and athlete stories.
We are looking for an organizational ninja and task master to oversee the athlete and influencer channel, from concept to execution. The ideal candidate will be excellent at multi-tasking and will thrive as a channel-specific content strategist, creative thinker, and project manager. They will have a passion for building relationships and managing social media content flows with experience on emerging platforms like TikTok and Instagram Reels while working with more established platforms to bring athlete and influencer campaigns to life.
- Manage Backcountry’s professional athlete and influencer roster
- In partnership with the Social Media team, create and schedule daily, weekly and monthly reporting of athlete and influencer content performance across social media platforms
- Oversee monthly and quarterly salary and commission payment obligations for all athletes and influencers
- Track contractual deliverables while maintaining an organized database of content used to populate organic social channels
- Coordinate content needs with business owners (social media, email, creative) and cross functional teams (e-commerce, owned brands, and 3P merchants)
- Establish & track annual travel, performance bonus, and in-kind product budgets for all athletes and influencers,
- Process seasonal and on-demand order fulfillment
- Inspire the Backcountry audience with content sourced from a wide network of new and existing creators and contributors.
- Collaborate with the creative, production, and retail teams to ensure athlete and influencer talent is utilized whenever possible for content creation, IRL appearances, speaking engagements, studio productions, catalogs, and field productions
- Coordinate travel and logistics for athlete and influencer productions
- Contribute to internal cross-functional team brainstorms to develop athlete and influencer stories as extensions of brand campaigns
- Monitor industry trends and creative best practices to maintain a competitive library of new assets
- Oversee the conceptualization and creation of video-forward content for TikTok, Instagram (stories, static posts and reels), Twitter and Facebook produced by influencers and athletes as needed by internal channel owners
- Measure, analyze and report on campaign performance & key metrics and assist with identifying opportunities for improvement
- Drive effective community management by leveraging social listening tools to discover unique insights and find opportunities to engage with our social community (responding to comments, messages, tagged posts, etc.)
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices, trends and emerging platforms
- Attend shoots / brand activations and potentially support in content capture that ladders up to the social content strategy - some travel may be required
- Provide feedback on creative assets to make sure that our content is following social media best practices
- This position may require working outside of normal office hours to coordinate and engage live content on evenings, weekends and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of influencer and/or athlete management
- Robust knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, both current and emerging, as well as their respective best practices and asset requirements (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, TikTok, etc.)
- Proven track record creating large-scale influencer campaigns, providing examples for reference with supporting KPI’s including but not limited new audience acquisition, audience retention, email list growth/lead generation, brand awareness, and direct traffic
- Experience managing inbound content, organizing and cataloging this content and scheduling distribution to support brand and e-commerce campaigns in partnership with internal teams
- Curiosity and passion for all things influencer marketing - you can tell us about the latest trends in digital - who is killing it and why
- Strong communication skills and ability to build internal and external relationships
- Experience with social media publishing and listening platforms ( Sprout Social, Dash Hudson, Meltwater, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, Later or similar)
- Experience managing through public relations crisis - examples will be required
- Comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment and lean team
- Fearlessness: be ready to dive right in, develop a point of view, own and share it
Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski touring is the norm, MTB rides are the usual summer lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together for a post-work run. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternityand paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending Account.
- Pay Type Salary
- Park City Office, 1678 West Redstone Center Drive, Park City, Utah, United States of America