Reports To: General Manager/Manager/Shift Supervisor
Department: Café Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Hourly
The Cashier/Stock position at Au Bon Pain is the first and last impression for our guests. Located towards the front of every café, the cashier is the person responsible for speaking with every guest on both their way in and out of the café, directing traffic, and collecting payment for all purchases. The cashier is also responsible for helping to keep the café stocked with all products.
The Cashier Position will be responsible for the providing excellent customer service for our guests while ensuring a CLEAN, FAST and FRIENDLY café environment. A Cashier is trained to assist with any guest’s expectations. If you enjoy making people smile while working with a great team and being part of a Company that is a great place to work, we want you as a Cashier!
Cashier Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for completing ABP transactions by scanning items, inputting product codes, taking in cash and providing change or processing card transactions.
- Responsible for cash drawer security, cash balance and adhering to all other aspects in ABP’s cash handling policy.
- Provide “guest-first” service by listening, responding and resolving all guests’ requests quickly through strong knowledge of all café products.
- Stock bakery, ref-con products, and impulse items.
- Be professional in all interactions with guests and team members.
- Work together as a team to achieve efficient operations.
- Keep work area clean, organized and stocked.
- Resolve any problems and keep management informed about issues and problems as they arise.
- Clean and maintain dining room as needed.
- Assist with bringing out coffee as needed.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Cashier Job Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Passion for quality, safety and sanitation
- Excellent communication and listening skills, can read, write, and speak English
- Friendly attitude and team player who will contribute to the culture and standards of Au Bon Pain
- Decision maker with ability to work independently
- Urgent, proactive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time (up to 6 hours at a time).
- Ability to move around the café to attend to the needs of guests
- Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 25 pounds from floor to shelves and cabinets above and below counter height
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABP is an equal opportunity employer. We afford equal opportunity to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, military status or veteran of the Vietnam era, sexual orientation, sex, age, or any category protected by law. We value diversity among our team members and the unique perspective this brings to our Company.
Copyright Au Bon Pain © 2017
- Pay Type Hourly
- 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA