Manager of Events Services
80 M St SE, Washington, DC 20003, USA Req #201
Monday, January 23, 2023
The vision of the American Trucking Associations, Inc. (ATA), is to be the recognized leader in transportation advocacy representing the safest, most responsible and financially successful motor carriers. Our mission is to effectively advocate and communicate efforts designed to improve safety and profitability for our members.
The American Trucking Associations (ATA), the nation’s leading trade and lobby association representing the trucking industry, is actively seeking an enthusiastic and creative Manager of Event Services. This position participates in all logistical facets on assigned events in ATA’s Event Services Department. This position has direct supervisory responsibility of the Event Specialist, Event Services.
- Enhances and facilitates the logistical management of all facets of smaller ATA events, and all in-house events, as assigned.
- Assists the Director of Event Services in monitoring and managing hotel room blocks, concessions, and cutoff dates for all ATA events as assigned. Negotiates and finalizes contracts and food and beverage with partners as requested by the Director of Event Services.
- Solicits and reviews RFPs for various meetings, including venues, services, audio visual, and other event support areas as required to implement a successful ATA event and at the guidance of the Director of Event Services.
- Prepares spec sheets for events as assigned to be sent to hotels, convention centers, and all other service providers.
- Works collaboratively with ATA staff, and under the guidance of the Director of Event Services, on all promotional materials (on-site program, brochures, advertisements, e-marketing campaigns, letters, etc.) and scheduling associated with the assigned meetings.
- Is involved in the on-site management of ATA events as assigned.
- Reviews for accuracy and submits for approval all bills relating to logistics, event implementation, and overall event management as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- BS/BA degree plus 3-5 years’ experience in areas of meetings management with an association or corporation of equal or larger size;
- Hotel experience in convention and catering services a plus;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written;
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills; and ability to travel as required.
- ATA offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- We are located in Washington, D.C., within walking distance of the Navy Yard metro station.
- Flexible hybrid work schedule.
- Education assistance.
- Various retirement plans with employer match.
- Medical, dental & vision benefits at affordable cost.
- HSA and FSA plans with employer contributions.
- Robust vacation & sick time package that includes all Federal Holidays.
The American Trucking Associations is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- 80 M St SE, Washington, DC 20003, USA