Chief Financial Officer
Jewish Community Services (JCS) provides programs and services for people of all ages and backgrounds, helping them achieve their goals, enhance their wellbeing, and maximize their independence.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is the chief fiscal officer of JCS and is responsible for developing overall financial strategy in accordance with and in service of the organization’s overall mission and strategy. The CFO reports to the Executive Director and leads the day-to-day financial operations of JCS Baltimore. The CFO provides guidance and staff support for the Business and Administration Board committee. As a member of JCS’s leadership team, the CFO plays a critical role ensuring cost effectiveness and efficiency in addressing issues related to organizational growth and development and delivery of our services.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership regarding the policies, processes, and systems necessary to manage the organization's financial and administrative operations in an effective and efficient manner.
- Manage all financial operations of the organization including grants and cash management, accounting, forecasting, and risk management and billing activities to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and rules for non-profits.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with GAAP and best practices.
- Foster a collaborative working relationship across the organization to ensure effective budget preparation, monitoring, and linking actual results back to strategic priorities established by the CEO and the Board.
- Work in partnership with staff to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue results. Partner with development and program teams on solicitations, review grant proposals and budgets prior to submission to foundations and other funders. Work with Fund Development team to develop budgets for grants and prepare financial reports for grantors as requested.
- Prepare timely and accurate financial reports for the executive management team, Business and Administration Board Committee and the Board.
- Prepare timely and accurate presentations for our Associated allocations process and related reporting requirements.
- Lead audit preparations and manage the ongoing relationship with the external auditors to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Oversee grant-reporting and contractual agreements, including development of policies, processes, and systems to manage risk and compliance.
- Recruit, hire, lead, motivate, and evaluate a high-performing team of professionals that will support the organization and help it achieve its strategic goals.
- Mentor and develop the finance team to build a culture of teamwork and professionalism.
- Minimum 8 years of hands-on experience in accounting management in the nonprofit sector.
- Demonstrated track record of personnel management and evaluation, budgeting, financial reporting, strategic thinking, and decision making, in addition to setting long-term financial goals
- Fiduciary experience and in-depth knowledge of accounting rules including those specifically focused on non-profit organizations.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, lay leaders and community leaders.
- Ability to communicate technical and complex information clearly and effectively to a non-technical audience.
- Effective communicator and collaborator with a wide range of stakeholders, including executive management, board members and community leaders.
- Knowledge of healthcare, mental health, or social services specifically as it relates to Medicare/Medicaid billing and other government programs or grants
- Familiarity with MIP or other financial management software is preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting required, MBA is strongly preferred. CPA a plus.
For more information or to apply, contact Carin@sageviewconsulting.com
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family JCS
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Job Start Date Tuesday, November 1, 2022
- 5750 Park Heights Ave, Baltimore, MD 21215, USA