Anti Poverty Associate
We believe in the mission of our work. We believe that together, we are able to accomplish something life-changing, both for ourselves and for those around us. The Associated strives to find the most talented and dedicated individuals. We are committed to helping our professionals reach their highest potential. Ready for a change? Discover where vision, creativity, and talent come together.
Anti Poverty Associate
Are you passionate about helping those experiencing poverty? Do you want to make a difference by helping to launch a new initiative in Northwest Baltimore? Do you have the ability to work collaboratively with various people and organizations to help move their goals forward? Building on an array of existing services designed to support individuals and families experiencing poverty, The Associated: Jewish Federation of Baltimore is currently seeking an Associate for the RIDE: An Anti-poverty Initiative to develop and implement a dynamic, targeted approach to foster financial wellness. RIDE is a four-pronged approach to Reduce stigma, Increase access and lower barriers to services, Deepen partnerships and Enhance efficiencies and leverage data. This grant funded position serves as a key member of the Community Planning and Allocations team and will engage communal partners in creative and innovative ways to assist the 15% of households in Jewish Baltimore experiencing poverty and to empower them to take steps toward sustained financial wellness. Responsibilities include understanding communal needs, analyzing data, building, and developing partnerships with local and national communal partners, and creating marketing and evaluation strategies with colleagues.
In this highly collaborative role, you will:
- Represent The Associated.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the scope of financial wellness services within the Associated network.
- Develop strong relationships within the Associated system.
- Collaborate with synagogues, schools, and other organizations to further RIDE: An Anti-poverty initiative.
- Develop and implement key RIDE: Anti-poverty strategies.
- Provide regular communications with relevant information to lay and professional leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three to five years work-related experience.
- Strong knowledge of human services, particularly anti-poverty work.
- A passion for helping empower community members in need.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Experience in designing and launching new programs.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information is required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities is required.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a team setting is required.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range is $48,750-$58,750 and is commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
Benefits & Perks: The Associated offers a hybrid work environment that supports professional development and collaboration. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k) employer match, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, paid parental leave, holiday pay, wellbeing programming, and a complimentary membership to the Jewish Community Center. We also make work/life balance a priority by offering generous vacation and sick time.
PLEASE NOTE: All active full-time, part-time, and temporary staff are required to provide proof of full vaccination (COVID-19) as a condition of employment within The Associated system as of November 15, 2021.
This job ad is not intended to be all-inclusive, but to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. The Associated is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with our Jewish values, The Associated supports a thriving Baltimore that celebrates diversity and appreciates the unique combination of gender, race, age, religion and ethnicity, sexual orientation, intellectual and physical disabilities, and special qualities that each resident adds to the fabric of life in Baltimore. We welcome everyone interested in our mission to join us. If you require accommodations, please contact us, and we will make every effort to meet your needs.
The Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore and its Agencies are equal opportunity employers, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran's status, physical or mental disability that does not prohibit the performance of essential job functions (with or without reasonable accommodation) or any other basis protected by federal, or applicable, state or local law.
- Job Family AJC
- Pay Type Salary
- 101 W Mt Royal Ave, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA