Careers That Change Lives – Come join the Aspen TEAM
We help create safer and more efficient surgical environments around the world. Aspen is a leading manufacturer of surgical essentials and infection control products, and we are growing. With products and solutions that help teams throughout the world run more efficiently, Aspen Surgical is consistently a trusted OR partner. Since 2020 we have acquired Precept Medical, Protek Medical, BlueMed Medical, Stork Labor & Delivery and Symmetry Surgical, all enhancing our product portfolio for our customers.
Join Aspen Surgical in our corporate offices located in Caledonia, MI as Labeling Manager leading a team. Responsibilities include: operational oversight and leadership for labeling, including the development, maintenance, and implementation of artwork (i.e., product labeling, IFUs) in line with internal, domestic, and international standards and guidelines. Including all aspects of labeling that are outsourced.
A Day in the Life…
- Provide leadership for labeling function within Aspen including project management, strategic and tactical label change planning, and forecasting.
- Develop, implement, and oversee labeling related systems to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Drive alignment for labeling projects with cross-functional teams including manufacturing, engineering, regulatory and supply chain to achieve the perfect label.
- Provide leadership and development to assigned staff by: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Ensure labels are in accordance with domestic and international standards and regulations including, but not limited to FDA Quality Systems Regulations, ISO 13485, European Union Medical Device Directive, and Canadian Medical Device Regulations.
- Manages the analytical processes of the group to foster a proactive approach to project management including core KPIs and related leading indicators of process performance.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in Quality or Marketing with experience understanding customer label requirements and/or quality management systems.
- 2-3 years of prior experience managing larger teams with high project volume and complexity.
- 2 years of experience in a FDA regulated manufacturing environment preferred.
- 2-3 years previous experience working with labeling and packaging preferred.
- Experience in medical device or pharmaceuticals preferred.
- Experience working as a project manager is a plus; project management training is preferred.
- Experience in continuous improvement is a plus; lean, six sigma, etc training preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to learn and accurately perform functions in labeling systems such as Veracity, Easy Label, Bartender, Label Starr and Colos Systems.
- Knowledge of MacOSX and Windows Operating Systems
- Purpose - Contribute to the development, manufacturing, and distribution of products used in a noble pursuit: the care of human lives.
- Career Opportunities - Because Aspen is a fast-growing company, when we grow and take things to the next level, you can grow professionally, too.
- Excitement -Aspen believes in challenging the status quo—we’re always willing to change to make things better and more efficient.
- Culture-When you first enter our facilities, you can feel the energy and friendliness of the great people.
- Family Matters-Aspen cares about you and your family, evidenced by offering top-notch health and financial-planning benefits.
- A Winning Team-Aspen continues to win awards year after year from our customers for great service and as an overall great place to work.
What We Offer:
- Great Benefit Offerings: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts (effective on date of hire)
- Excellent 401K Plan. Company will match 50% of any contributions you make to the plan up to 6% of your eligible pay. In addition, eligible for a 4% automatic Company non-elective contribution into your 401(k) account.
- Flexible Time Off
- Onsite or Hybrid Work Opportunity
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Caledonia, MI 49316, USA