Business Office Admin (0301)- Accounting Assistant I
SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs routine tasks which require brief training period; scanning, attaching, and filing, accounts payable processing (not including check cutting), and customer service. This position is designed to provide an overview of the accounting process in order to prepare the employee for the possibility of becoming an Accounting Assistant II in the future.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scan, file and organize accounts payable documents into designated areas.
- Process Accounts Payable, verifies invoiced items are received, review signatories, balances, and receipts. Apply compliance policies as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- All of above duties will be performed in accordance with training provided.
- Ability to follow directions and to work independently with little or no assistance
- Exceptional organization skills
- Skill in performing detailed numerical computations
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to use initiative and judgment in analyzing and interpreting course of action
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work in a team environment to successfully implement ASI policies and procedures
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
- Basic accounting coursework
- Ability to use Excel software for calculations
- Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- One year of customer service experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.(enter vision verbiage) The employee must:
• Occasionally, frequently, regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office setting
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Business and Finance
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.50
- Max Hiring Rate $16.30
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA