Bike Shop Coordinator I/II
Peak Adventures’ purpose is to kindle personal growth, leadership, and connections through experiences in the outdoors.
ASI’s Peak Adventures is an outdoor adventure program dedicated to getting Sac State Students outside. Peak Adventures provides guided outdoor trips, low cost gear rentals, full service bike repair at The Bike Shop, summer youth camps and team building at The Challenge Center.
The Bike Shop Coordinator is responsible for the day to day activities of the Peak Adventures Bike Shop. This includes setting customer standards, bike labor, training mechanics, ordering and managing inventory and other administrative duties to meet the needs of a diverse population of customers and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely perform job duties
- Repair bicycles in absence of Technicians
- May assist in hiring, training, scheduling, supervising and evaluating Bike Shop Technicians.
- May train Technicians in safety policies in regards to proper use of storage of equipment and chemicals.
- Maintains product inventory that meets the needs of the campus population, as well as, over sees a high volume of special orders.
- Serve as primary contact with all bike product vendors, determining price and quantity of products. Coordinate and conduct inventory audits, as necessary.
- Maintain retail displays
- Instruct maintenance classes and educational workshops related to cycling.
- May assist Operations Manager in developing and monitoring annual Bike Shop budget.
- Procures and maintains rental equipment related to the Bike Shop. This includes bike lockers and bicycles. Ensures availability and functionality to support programming and rental demands.
- Operates POS system, processing sales, exchanges, refunds, report printing, and cash register/receipt reconciliation.
- Assist in leading bike related events, classes, trips, or trainings
- Other customer service responsibilities to include trip registrations, equipment rentals, and answering phones.
- Attend various meetings, trainings, and retreats related to the larger organization, as required.
- Support Peak Adventures in the stewardship of American River Parkway – Mile 8. May attend volunteer meetings and schedule quarterly clean ups.
- Ability to work hours outside of a normal work week.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail is a must
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Two or more years’ experience working in bike shops
- Retail and/or customer service experience
- Ability to work outside a typical work week, including evenings and weekends
(Bike Shop Coordinator II)
- Experience or knowledge associated with higher education, such as an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Experience supervising part-time staff
- Cash handling/POS experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb, kneel, squat, reach overhead
- Combination of indoors and some outdoors
- Office setting
- Outdoors exposed to rain, heat and cold temperature for up to 8 hours a day
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Merchandizing and Retail
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Min Hiring Rate $19.40
- Max Hiring Rate $27.25
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA