HR(0905)-Human Resources and Safety Manager
The Human Resources and Safety Manager provides day-to-day Human Resources operational support and guidance on Human Resources policies and practices, partners with managers to promote and ensure a safe work environment, provides oversight for health and benefits, ensures timely compliance reporting, and oversees employee leaves of absences. The incumbent manages and executes the Injury and Illness Prevention Program to ensure effective implementation of safety programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and executes ASI Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP); oversees compliance with state and federal laws relating to safety posting requirements, including the timely posting of notifications in all ASI departments; conducts safety walks and audits.
- Reviews job hazard analysis to ensure safety and PPE requirements are integrated before implementation.
- Reports and manages Workers’ Compensation claims with the carrier and provides managers with work restrictions per the work status report.
- Investigates work-related illness and injury, determines root cause, and recommends corrective actions, training, and safety process/task improvements. Maintains electronic documents specific to employee(s)’ work-related accidents or injury.
- Administers employee leave of absence; manages ACA and retirement plan eligibility consistent with terms of eligibility.
- Oversees health and welfare benefits. Serves as contact with benefits broker and providers, and conducts annual open enrollment meetings, reviews benefits guide, and renewal contracts are accurate.
- Ensures timely enrollment of eligible employees and ensures timely termination of coverage as employees terminate.
- Ensures grade and job structure standards are followed.
- Chairs the Safety Committee and ensures committee member roles and responsibilities are followed.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations; OSHA logs are accurately maintained and posted annually.
- Manages preparation of 1095c annual filing.
- Provides backup support for HRIS system, Ceridian Dayforce. Assist with configuration and workflows, including Organizational Set-Up, Recruiting, Onboarding, Scheduling, Benefits, Entitlements, People, Forms, Alerts, and Reporting.
- Trains supervisors and employees on HR-related safety training.
- Under the advisement of the HR Director, chairs the Employee Engagement Committee, including the coordination and development of employee engagement efforts and wellness activities.
- Serves as backup for processing changes in position, pay, and secondary work assignments; ensures changes are per guidelines.
- Serves as a backup Custodian of Record for employee fingerprint clearances.
- Document Management –upload scanned files to the employee profile.
- Assists with maintaining Human Resources webpage to ensure content is up to date
- Reviews exit survey data quarterly and share it with ASI department directors and Executive Director.
- Assist in HR budget planning and benefits audits.
- Provide on-site HR support at the Aquatic Center twice a month.
- Alternates annually with HR team members to chair and represent Human Resources in other committees including the Employee Engagement Committee.
- Provides guidance and coaching to the Human Resources Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attention to Detail: is consistently thorough and accurate in accomplishing work.
- Ethical: Adhere to the highest standards of ethics. Act ethically in every professional interaction and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Customer-Focused: proactively seeks and finds a way to provide the highest standards of service.
- Effective Communicator: Demonstrates open, honest, and respectful written and verbal communication.
- Flexible/Adaptable: Maintains effectiveness in varying work environments where circumstances and priorities are changing.
- Quality: Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines; does work right the first time and inspects work for flaws. Strong attention to detail to ensure data entry is error-free.
- Resilient: Maintains high performance and composure under pressure, opposition or criticism.
- Planner and Organizer: Proactively ensures the smooth implementation of tasks; prioritizes tasks accordingly.
- Problem-Solver: Demonstrates broad ways to analyze and handle complex problems and situations.
- Policies, Process, and Procedures: Acts per established guidelines; communicate and enforce Associated Students Inc. policies and procedures.
- Technical Knowledgeable: possesses knowledge of Human Resources management, federal and CA employment and labor laws, and Dayforce HRIS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related field. Extensive work experience can substitute for education.
- At least three years of experience in a fast-paced Human Resources setting
- Knowledge in Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards and recordkeeping methods as it pertains to safety.
- Practices, methods, and techniques of health and safety regulatory compliance and safety program development and implementation.
- Proficient knowledge of CA and federal employment laws
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and security of information
- Ability to read, interpret regulatory laws, policies, and procedures
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to a copier, fax, computer, printer, etc.
- Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of HR programs, policies and practices, and advanced knowledge of federal and state labor laws
- Experience with HRIS systems such as Ceridian Dayforce
- PHR certification
- Working knowledge of Job Hazard Analysis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Occasionally, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to reach overhead
- Conduct quarterly Safety Walks at the Aquatic Center and other ASI departments.
WORK ENVIRONMENT (Choose one only)
- Office setting; temporary teleworking and once a week onsite work.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Min Hiring Rate $65,615.00
- Max Hiring Rate $80,080.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Saturday, April 1, 2023
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA