Front Desk Assistant
SEO’s purpose is to provide holistic student-centered programs and services that
enhance student life and create lasting memories through community engagement,
connection building, and creative exploration.
SUMMARY: The Front Desk Assistant works to provide exemplary customer service at the ASI Student Engagement and Outreach (SEO) office. Incumbents in this position are the front office contact for assisting CSUS students, contracted vendors, campus partners, and the public who visit the ASI student engagement and outreach office. Primary duties consist of providing friendly support to in-person, email, and phone inquiries and assisting with office-wide projects. This is an entry- level, academic year position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond in a professional, friendly, and timely manner to email, phone, and in-person inquiries.
- Convey accurate information to customers about ASI events, programs, and services.
- Maintain general knowledge of campus and ASI departments and make referrals as needed.
- Support SEO staff with office-wide projects and events.
- Ensure office supply needs are maintained and restocked when necessary.
- Pick up, drop off, sort, and distribute office mail and package deliveries.
- Assist students with enrolling in HEAT, ASI Food Pantry, and KSSU volunteer opportunities.
- Assist SEO staff in maintaining office records.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Collaborate with a diverse student population
- Understand and follow oral/written directions
- Listen and respond courteously to questions
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations
- Be flexible
- Use initiative to learn ASI Services/Departments/Programs
- Be resourceful in accomplishing tasks
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units (undergrad) or 4 units (graduate student) at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
- Student-friendly attitude, adaptability, and capacity to learn
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required
- Maintain a flexible schedule to provide front desk coverage. Must be available 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. for at least 3 weekdays per week.
- Excellent customer service skills, the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Basic experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant or experience in the hospitality industry.
- Availability to work 9AM-2PM, Monday-Thursday each week.
Depending on the position for which you apply for, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after you are offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age,
protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Student Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.50
- Max Hiring Rate $16.30
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA