Aquatic Center Water Front Supervisor
The Aquatic Center's purpose is to provide high quality boating and safety programs through education, recreation and competition; and to bring regional and national recognition to Associated Students Inc., and Sacramento State, increasing the value of the students degree.
The Sacramento State Aquatic Center is a proud program of Associated Students, Inc. The Aquatic Center is a National Boating Instruction Safety Center located on beautiful Lake Natoma. The Aquatic Center offers a variety of classes, camps, facility reservations, team building, youth groups and equipment rentals. We are open to the general public.
The Aquatic Center offers the following activities: Sailing, Windsurfing, Standup Paddling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Outrigger Canoeing, Rowing, Water Skiing, Wakeboarding, and Jet Skiing.
SUMMARY: The Water Front Supervisor works under the direction of the Associate Director serving as the lead facilitator for Water Enrichment Training (team building) and boating safety classes, camps and special programs. In the winter months (November through March) the Water Front Supervisor works under the direction of both the Director and Associate Director providing administrative support and assisting with special projects and Aquatic Center promotions. This position will require working in the office as well as outside in the elements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under the direct supervision of the Associate Director as the supervisor of the Aquatic Center boating safety instructors. May be called upon to provide youth program support throughout the year.
- Assist with the recruitment, selection, training, scheduling, supervision and evaluation of Aquatic Center program staff.
- Provide assistance in resolving operational and administration issues; identify issues and conduct research to find alternative solutions; make recommendations and assist in implementation.
- With support of the Associate Director, train, supervise and evaluate all boating & safety instructors (W.E.T., Youth Programs, & events), dock masters and lifeguards. Oversight may include boating & safety instructors for Youth Camps in the absence of the Program Supervisor.
- Ensure proper staffing levels for scheduled programs that meet compliance with all safety regulations.
- Assist the Director and Associate Director in development, marketing and evaluation of all programs. Implement program changes as directed.
- Work promotional events, i.e., boat shows, health and safety fairs, and public events.
- Serve as safety officer for daily operations. This involves monitoring safety stations/first aid supplies, restocking supplies as needed and ensuring timely maintenance and repair of safety equipment. Maintain required safety records for boats and waterfront equipment.
- Assist the Director and Associate Director with active inventory and recordkeeping, including acquisitions and disposal of equipment.
- Instruct classes as needed (i.e. WET Team Building, youth groups, stand up paddling, kayaking, lifeguarding, canoeing, etc.).
- Assist Director and Associate Director with special projects during slow seasons (November through March).
- Assess and inform Director and Associate Director of program and equipment needs that will impact annual budget projections.
- Provide support to Aquatic Center special events as required.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including overtime, early mornings, evenings, and weekends, as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High integrity and excellent work ethic
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to safety a must
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with campus constituencies to serve a diverse customer population
- Ability to multi task
- Lifeguarding, First Aid and C.P.R. certification (must acquire certification within six months of hire)
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb up to approximately 50 feet above the ground (with safety equipment)
- General knowledge of boat operations (teach others how to operate boats and be able to troubleshoot mechanical or operational problems)
- Ability to teach effectively in front of large groups
- Ability to maintain a Class B driver’s license and meet ASI driving criteria
- Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience working in a recreation or aquatic environment with boating and water sports - sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, canoeing, rowing and boat operations
All Aquatic Center Staff must sign a Code of Conduct and Dress Code Agreement
“you’ll enjoy the experience” #LakeLife
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Sports and Recreation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full-Time
- Min Hiring Rate $23.10
- Max Hiring Rate $28.00
- 1901 Hazel Ave, Gold River, CA 95670, USA