PA_Administration (0301) Community Ambassador
Peak Adventures’ purpose is to kindle personal growth, leadership, and connections through experiences in the outdoors.
ASI’s Peak Adventures is an outdoor adventure program dedicated to getting Sac State Students outside. Peak Adventures provides guided outdoor trips, low cost gear rentals, full service bike repair at The Bike Shop, summer youth camps and team building at The Challenge Center.
Under the supervision of the Director, the Peak Adventures Community Ambassador is a student positon open to undergrad and graduate students. The Community Ambassador will support the management team at Peak Adventures in creating a more inclusive and welcoming environment to underrepresented communities in outdoor recreation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely perform job duties
- Support the Peak Adventures Marketing Specialist in the creation of a Peak Adventures taskforce, which will engage students to brainstorm and create action items to increase representation and promote inclusivity in Peak Adventures promotions and program offerings.
- Build relationships with cultural centers and clubs on campus.
- Work with Sales Specialist and Outdoor Adventure Manager to secure bookings for historically underrepresented groups.
- Research DEI efforts at other universities
- Assist and participate in the planning and implementation of multicultural events within Peak Adventures program offerings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other staff, and public
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive
- Ability to work well with other staff
- Understanding and adherence to safe operating practices
- Ability to manage large groups
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant positions).
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with staff, students, and community.
- Demonstrated cultural competency and ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to work shifts outside normal work week, including evenings or weekends.
- Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- General knowledge of outdoor recreation programming/activities
- Commitment to the values and active participation and experience in diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice advocacy.
- Experience in facilitating group discussions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Ability to lift and move up to 30 pounds
- Ability to travel across campus to meet with students and/or staff
WORK ENVIRONMENT(Choose one only)
- Combination of indoors and outdoors. Majority of the job will be in an office setting but events will likely be held outside, exposed to rain, heat or cold temperatures.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Administrative Support
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.75
- Max Hiring Rate $17.75
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA