PA - Front Desk (1840)-Customer Service Associate
Peak Adventures’ purpose is to kindle personal growth, leadership, and connections through experiences in the outdoors.
ASI’s Peak Adventures is an outdoor adventure program dedicated to getting Sac State Students outside. Peak Adventures provides guided outdoor trips, low cost gear rentals, full service bike repair at The Bike Shop, summer youth camps and team building at The Challenge Center.
SUMMARY: The Customer Service Associate works to ensure that Peak Adventures offers professional, efficient, accurate and friendly customer service via phone, in person and through email. All front desk employees act as Peak Adventures' ambassadors to the community and set the tone for the entire department. The Customer Service Associate manages multiple point of sale and service tasks in a fast moving dynamic environment. This position will also collaborate and support other Peak Adventures staff as it pertains to the various areas of operations, such as equipment rentals, marketing, and program logistics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers with rental equipment, retail sales, bike maintenance drop-off/pick-up, summer camp inquiries, manage incoming and outgoing phone calls, program registration, data entry, and miscellaneous customer service support.
- Operates the P.O.S system, processing sales, exchanges, refunds, report printing and cash register/receipt reconciliation.
- Remains informed on all services in order to help customers feel at ease and eager to utilize services and programs.
- Ensure that office supply needs are being met (photo copies, mailings, purchase of supplies).
- Communicate with the Outdoor Adventure Manager regarding rental equipment issues and maintenance needs.
- Help ensure that equipment is available, reserved, and in working order.
- Assist the Outreach and Sales Specialist with promotional booths, classroom visits, and general marketing outreach.
- Keep front desk and staff lounge areas neat and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Safely perform job duties
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, students, employees and public
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 units at Sacramento State; maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA overall (for Student Assistant incumbents)
- Knowledge of windows-based personal computers – Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Is interested in outdoor recreation
- Former work experience in sales or retail
- General knowledge of outdoor programming and equipment
- Proficient in basic P.O.S. accounting procedures
- Experience with cash handling
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee must:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to kneel, squat, reach overhead
WORK ENVIRONMENT (Choose one only)
- Office setting
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily after the candidate is offered a position with Associated Students, Inc. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current
Associated Students, Inc. employees who apply for the position.
Associated Students is a nonprofit corporation and an auxiliary organization of California State University, Sacramento providing a wide range of programs and services to the students of CSUS. Therefore, ASI employees are not state employees. www.asi.csus.edu
Associated Student Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act Statement
compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and
Campus Crime Statistics Act, California State University, Sacramento has made
crime statistics available on-line at www.csus.edu/police/cleryact.htm
- Job Family Sports and Recreation
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.00
- Max Hiring Rate $15.75
- 6000 J St, Sacramento, CA 95819, USA