Contracts Specialist - Facilities
Contingent Staffing Labor Contract with an Oil & Gas Company
Our vision is to help our people and organizations thrive, which includes supporting our employees, both personally and professionally, creating opportunities to advance their career. Who doesn’t want to thrive in their career? Consider joining our team and becoming a part of our family. Along with a competitive salary, you will play a direct role in the continued success of our company, the customer and your local community.
Why Join ASCI?
- We have a zero Total Recordable Incident Rate
- Our average employee seniority is 8+ years
- Our positions cover a variety of functional areas, geographical areas, and industries
What can you bring to the ASCI Team?
- Safety: We strive to create an environment where communication is open and everyone recognizes that our work is never so urgent that we cannot take the time to watch out for each other.
- Integrity: We always do the right thing, even when no one is looking. We have the courage to challenge each other and accept feedback.
- Responsive: We understand that responsiveness is about consistently providing accurate and concise communication at the right time.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive to proactively find ways to improve and adapt ourselves, our processes and our customers.
- Community: We recognize that our success is only achieved by focusing on the impact we have on others.
Benefits Eligible: Optional
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
ASCI is currently seeking applicants to be considered for a Contracts Specialist-Facilities role. This role will support project works being conducted for field build out on the North Slope of Alaska. The Contracts Specialist will report to the Contract Manager – Facilities & Engineering.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead tender activities, providing guidance and leadership, including sourcing contractors; drafting commercial documents; issuing tender documentation; disseminating information to applicable personnel for technical evaluation; and carrying out commercial and legal evaluation with functional input where required. Carry out negotiations with contractors to secure the preferred outcomes, based on the best overall value to Santos, while minimizing risks.
- Document vendor performance and facilitate regular performance reviews.
- Manage change requests brought forward by the Contractors and engage the right technical or functional resource to validate proposed changes.
- Process change requests in accordance with established STO procedure in addition to those stipulated by contract.
- Maintain variance log to ensure full change order history is available for management review and audit purposes.
- Interface transportation and logistics with Anchorage STO Logistics
- Validate EPF Contractor invoices against demonstrated work complete as requested
- Act as the STO Business Lead to ensure that STO offices are aware of all contractual requirements
- Regular liaising with the STO SCM Contracts group in Anchorage, Alaska to ensure the SCM processes are being followed in addition to remote STO teams as required
- Embrace the safety culture which the project team exemplifies
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 30+ years of experience working on major capital projects (> $100 million USD) in oil & gas
- EPC (I) experience
- Experience with logistics & transportation
- Joint venture interface experience
- KPI, data analytics experience
- Leadership (direct & indirect) experience
- Experience working on multi-cultural project teams
- Ability to multi-task and work in an environment where meeting deadlines are part of a daily routine
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the area of contract management
- Experience with project execution scheduling, cost analytics and change management.
- Excellent communication skills when interfacing with PMT.
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills (MS WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, etc) as these skills will be necessary for developing reports and presentations as needed.
- Min Education Requirements: MS Business or bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical area, with business experience of minimum 30 years
- Intermediate experience utilizing SAP
- Inventory control & spare parts management experience
- Policy development & implementation experience
- Risk management and contracting experience.
- Anchorage, AK, USA