Purchase Requisition Specialist
Contingent Labor contract with an Oil & Gas Company
Our vision is to help our people and organizations thrive, which includes supporting our employees, both personally and professionally, creating opportunities to advance their career. Who doesn’t want to thrive in their career? Consider joining our team and becoming a part of our family. Along with a competitive salary, you will play a direct role in the continued success of our company, the customer and your local community.
Why Join ASCI?
- We have a zero Total Recordable Incident Rate
- Our average employee seniority is 8+ years
- Our positions cover a variety of functional areas, geographical areas, and industries
What can you bring to the ASCI Team?
- Safety: We strive to create an environment where communication is open and everyone recognizes that our work is never so urgent that we cannot take the time to watch out for each other.
- Integrity: We always do the right thing, even when no one is looking. We have the courage to challenge each other and accept feedback.
- Responsive: We understand that responsiveness is about consistently providing accurate and concise communication at the right time.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive to proactively find ways to improve and adapt ourselves, our processes and our customers.
- Community: We recognize that our success is only achieved by focusing on the impact we have on others.
Benefits Eligible: Optional
Location: Anchorage, Alaska – office based
Advanced Supply Chain International is currently seeking applicants to be considered for a Purchase Requisition Specialist role. This role will manage the creation, fulfillment and close out of Purchase Requisitions / Orders. The position is responsible for generating Purchase Requisitions in the SAP procure-to-pay system in alignment to project procedures and available budgets. The successful candidate shall possess the broad range of skills and experience necessary to work independently and under general supervision, on complex projects and assignments. The position will work closely with the Project team providing direct support to the Facilities team and back-up support to other divisions of the Project team as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (%Time):
- Promote and lead in the implementation of Company policies and procedures, including Safety, health, environment, process, people and planning. (Foundation)
- Initiate Purchase Requisitions in Finance System based on inputs from Project team. (40%)
- Work with Project Cost Control Team to ensure appropriate Network/Activities codes are utilized correctly in Purchase Requisitions. (10%)
- Notify Project Managers and Supply Chain when Purchase Requisitions have been submitted. (10%)
- Monitor PR completion in system and notify Project team when Purchase Orders are in place. (10%)
- Escalate PR delays or SAP system issue and propose solutions to resolve. (10%)
- Participate in project cost reviews and address questions related to Purchase Requisitions. (10%)
- Initiate close out of Purchase Orders upon completion. (10%)
- Backfill cost specialist duties as required. (as needed)
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, business or engineering related subjects preferred.
- Relevant cost control certifications highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc).
- Experience working in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) environment, such as SAP or Oracle desired.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in SAP, cost control or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the upstream Oil and Gas industry preferred, especially from within an exploration and production company.
- Experience working on major capital projects, ideally in a harsh weather or logistically challenging environment, preferred.
- Anchorage, AK, USA