Contingent Staffing contract with an Oil & Gas company
Our vision is to help our people and organizations thrive, which includes supporting our employees, both personally and professionally, creating opportunities to advance their career. Who doesn’t want to thrive in their career? Consider joining our team and becoming a part of our family. Along with a competitive salary, you will play a direct role in the continued success of our company, the customer and your local community.
Why Join ASCI?
- We have a zero Total Recordable Incident Rate
- Our average employee seniority is 8+ years
- Our positions cover a variety of functional areas, geographical areas, and industries
What can you bring to the ASCI Team?
- Safety: We strive to create an environment where communication is open and everyone recognizes that our work is never so urgent that we cannot take the time to watch out for each other.
- Integrity: We always do the right thing, even when no one is looking. We have the courage to challenge each other and accept feedback.
- Responsive: We understand that responsiveness is about consistently providing accurate and concise communication at the right time.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive to proactively find ways to improve and adapt ourselves, our processes and our customers.
- Community: We recognize that our success is only achieved by focusing on the impact we have on others.
Benefits Eligible: Optional
Location: Anchorage, Alaska – office based
Advanced Supply Chain International (ASC) is currently seeking applicants to be considered for a Buyer role. The Buyer will be primarily responsible for purchasing materials according to required technical specifications, price delivery schedule and terms, negotiating with main suppliers and periodically renewing price lists, terms, and conditions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including % Time:
- Oversee support provided by third party procurement services to ensure alignment with Company procedures. 10%
- Initiate purchase orders according to the purchase requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures. 20%
- Oversee supplier performance (on-time delivery, quality, lead time) and resolving performance issues. 20%
- Identify and qualify new suppliers together with supplier quality and engineering team members. 20%
- Align supplier orders with customer requirements in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability, and price. 10%
- Data conditioning to ensure accurate reportability. 10%
- Help to monitor and ensure process compliance as it relates to SCM activities. 10%
Minimum Qualifications, Skill, & Experience:
- High School Diploma with 4 years relevant work experience; OR Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in purchasing.
- Oil and Gas industry experience preferred
- Required understanding of specifications, contract law, commercial terms, standard procurement procedures, and related Company policies
- Collaborative, solution-focused approach
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Anchorage, AK, USA