TRC- Mental Health - Admin Assistant - Medical
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT, BEHAVIORAL HEALTH APPENDIX
RESPONSIBLE TO:Behavioral Health Management Team Designee
Supports clinical nursing team and clinical counseling teamin a positive customer-focused manner. Perform a wide variety of activities designed to facilitate and maintain the smooth, efficient flow of operations within a variety of integrated care settings. Maintain confidential healthcare information recorded in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system in a timely manner in order to provide the most complete and accurate patient record possible and to facilitate optimum patient care.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Exemplary customer service skills, including the ability to effectively deal with a variety of individuals including patients, providers and other customers in a calm and professional manner; excellent telephone and verbal communication skills, as well as, effective interpersonal skills which promote cooperation and teamwork; Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize multiple Electronic Health Record Systems. Comprehensive knowledge of information gathering, processing and filing systems; working knowledge of medical records management and office administration protocols, as well as, working knowledge of basic accounting and billing principles; flexibility, reliability and ability to self-direct and self-initiate in order to meet deadlines. Must possess ability to type a minimum of 60 words per minute and perform data entry.Physical condition or reasonable accommodation(s) commensurate with the demands of the job.
Associate’s Degree plus one (1) year related experience; OR High school diploma plus three (2) years of related experience in medical office or outpatient clinical setting. Candidates who are bilingual in English and Spanish preferred. Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle for work is required. Driving to multiple sites will be part of routine employment duties.
- To assist in coordination of client visits to Program Psychiatrist, provide communication between Clinic and other involved agencies.
- Assists with follow-up of physician’s recommendations, within scope of practice.
- Keep current roster of client status and information in program(s).
- Help nursing team and clinical counseling team track completion of health screenings for each client.
- Tracks and processes re-authorizations of insurance coverage for psychiatric visits.
- Attends programmatic, administrative, and nursing team meetings as requested for coordination of care and regulation requirements.
- Completes pre-authorizations for insurance companies for medications as necessary.
- Faxing, scanning, filing, and mailing documents for Behavioral Health Programs.
- Greets and assists patients, visitors and co-workers within behavioral health environments in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information on behalf of patients receiving services within various TRC-operated service environments.
- Coordinates with nursing team for necessary calls back information and details from phone calls, emails, and other modes of communication.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization when scheduling appointments in person and/or by telephone.
- Ensures efficient and timely patient experience by:
- Optimizing provider schedules and patient satisfaction with efficient scheduling
- notifying provider of patient's arrival, as necessary
- reviewing service delivery compared to schedule and notifying provider and/or management of discrepancies, as necessary
- notifying provider and/or management of service delays
- Ensures patients comfort by promptly addressing any questions, concerns and anxieties and maintains a welcoming and comfortable reception area.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information, and complies with State, Federal and Practice guidelines.
- Investigates and resolves issues with accounts in a timely manner.
- Meeting with clients to discuss options for a payment plan prior if they are unable to pay a medical bill for services provided, along with the help of the revenue cycle team.
- Inviting patients to enroll in patient portal.
- Assist individuals with completing necessary forms and documentation.
- Utilizes Electronic Health Records systems for the collection, compilation and entry of information to ensure complete, accurate and up-to-date medical record.
- Assists with medical and insurance referral records, protocols and tracking, including maintenance of records, resolving patient referral issues, and securing prior authorizations for outpatient procedures, as applicable.
- Supports in responding to requests for Release of Information, including location and distribution of needed documents, in a timely manner and consistent with HIPAA guidelines along with the assistance of clinical medical records department.
- Ensures the timely and accurate entry and/or filing of paperwork and electronic transfers of information received from outside sources into patient record.
- Supports with, as necessary, the gathering of patient account information, including but not limited to demographic and insurance information, patient contact, payer contact, registration interfaces and automated processes.
- Refers patients to appropriate personnel for billing issues, navigation and care coordination as need arises.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND PROVIDER SUPPORT:
- Assists member of the management team in the completion of administrative tasks, such as entering orders into computer, answering telephone calls, or maintaining medical or facility information, as needed or assigned within scope of practice.
- In conjunction with Patient Registrars and/or Patient Access Specialists, reviews and evaluates provider’s day-to-day schedules to ensure full utilization of service time.
- Sets up Zoom or telehealth weblink for individuals.
- Preps and sets up telehealth office space for individuals that are completing treatment via telehealth onsite for an off-site provider/clinical staff member.
- Performs clerical duties including typing, filing, and recordkeeping.
- Performs medical records maintenance and transcription duties as needed or assigned.
- Completes requests for medical records for staff members as needed.
- Reports any ideas and suggestions regarding processes, procedures and protocols to management in order to facilitate the smooth and efficient operation of assigned service environment(s).
- Performs office-based duties to support medical nursing team or clinical counseling team, including but not limited to: measuring vital signs, and collecting specimens.
- Records patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans and shares information with treatment team members.
- Coordinating meetings for staff members with external agencies, providers, or community partners.
- Coordinate inspections of medical equipment with vendors as necessary.
- Coordinate, monitor, and review issues with lab services and directly report to Behavioral Health Management Team staff.
- Track programmatic data points and trend data.
- Equipment sterilization and cleaning.
- Ensures work areas are maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Performs all other duties as needed or assigned.
- Monitoring office inventory and equipment by tracking supply needs and prior purchase orders.
- Assist in scheduling departmental meetings for in person and via virtual platforms.
Mental Health Services
THE RESOURCE CENTER
SG 11, Hourly/Non-Exempt
SG 11B (Bilingual), Hourly/Non-Exempt
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Hourly
- 880 E 2nd St, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA