TRC - IRA & ICF Allocated Services - Resident Benefits Clerk 1
RESIDENT BENEFITS CLERK I/II
RESPONSIBLE TO:Admission, Benefits and Entitlement Coordinator
FUNCTION:Establish and maintain eligibility for the maximum entitlements for all of the individuals in the IRA and ICF program. Provides oversight of the management of the resident funds held in TRC accounts and ensures that these are managed in accordance with OPWDD, Social Security and other pertinent regulations in close consultation and collaboration with the Residence Managers and the Finance Department.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Demonstrated knowledge of bookkeeping and accounts receivable processes and protocols. Ability to work under general direction in accordance with agency and departmental policies and procedures. Knowledge of and ability to use computer software such as Excel, Word and related financial software. Knowledge of or ability to learn entitlement programs and regulations governing them and residential facilities for the developmentally disabled. Ability to use office equipment such as calculator, fax machine, and other equipment to carry out assigned duties. Ability to communicate effectively with others both within and outside of the organization. Must be detail-oriented, well-organized and demonstrate the ability to completed assigned duties within required time frames. Physical condition or reasonable accommodation(s) commensurate with the demands of the job.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Associates degree in accounting or related field; OR High School diploma or GED plus two (2) years related experience. Driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for work or equivalent accommodations required. Employee is eligible for advancement to grade 12 upon attainment of one (1) year of service and attainment of satisfactory Staff Performance Review in which it demonstrates all competencies associated with the job have been achieved.
- Upon admission, ensures that all individuals apply for and receive allotted benefits from Social Security, SSI, Veteran’s Administration, Railroad Pension, Food Stamps and Medicaid.
- Ensures that each individual receives the allotted personal allowance each month, including access to cash on hand, and ensures that these monies are spent in accordance with the rules and regulations established by administering agencies.
- Ensures monthly payment of rent or NAMI for each individual.
- Ensures completion of signed agreements upon admission and annually with the individuals and/or correspondents.
- Ensures monthly reconciliation of all individual accounts, including but not limited to PFA (Personal Funds Account), Special Needs, Savings accounts.
- Performs quarterly audit at each home, including reconciliation or individual personal funds, cash on hand, savings, and petty cash. In addition, performs periodic audits of individual funds/accounts as needed or assigned.
- Assists in the preparation and statistical data and reports required by the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Agency HUD Administrator.
- Prepares monthly wage report for the Social Security Administration.
- Maintains financial files for each individual.
- Performs all other duties as needed or assigned.
- Badge Access (all residential locations)
- E-mail (Internal accounts)
- Shared Drive (residential)
- Training Management System
- Therap (Finance level)
- Key2 Purchase
Revision Date: 05/31/2019
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Grade 11/12; Non-Exempt
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Hourly
- 200 Dunham Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA