TRC Mental Health LPN- Non-Union
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE/MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
RESPONSIBLE TO:Program Manager/Mental Health Services
FUNCTION:To contribute to the development and implementation of service plans directed at the attainment of objectives related to client’s health or physical care. To assist in providing periodic and continuing evaluations of nursing care need and the consequent provision of nursing care.
- Dispenses medications and maintains proper storage and documentation as necessary.
- To provide nursing care in medical emergencies or as requested by other departments.
- To assist in coordination of client visits to Program Psychiatrist, provide communication between Clinic and other involved agencies.
- Assists with follow-up of physician’s recommendations.
- Evaluates medical needs as they arise and provides nursing care or recommends referral for appropriate medical services.
- Ensures control of communicable disease and infection through identification and assessment, reporting to medical authorities and implementing protective and preventative measures.
- Keep current roster of client status and information in program.
- Completes and updates treatment plans for medication only clients.
- Monitors and processes completion of health screenings for each client.
- Tracks and processes re-authorization of insurance coverage for psychiatric visits.
- Will be responsible for coverage as needed in program.
- Performs any other related duties as required by designated administrative staff.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:Comprehensive knowledge of the assessment and treatment of illness and disease; knowledge of medications and their prescribed usage; technical knowledge of medication administration principles; ability to work with families and care providers; organizational, communication and decision-making skills. A general knowledge of mental illness and related symptomatology. Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the job.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: LPN license with New York State to practice nursing. Specialized training or one (1) year professional experience in a related field preferred. The ability to lift.
3/92; Rev’d 11/99; 6/01; 6/03
Mental Health Services
THE RESOURCE CENTER
Non-graded Range, Non-Exempt
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Hourly
- 880 E 2nd St, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA