TRC - Vocational Evaluation - Vocational Evaluator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Employment Services Administrator
FUNCTION: Conducts assessments of the vocational abilities and work-related concerns of referred person using a variety of vocational assessment tools, including vocational evaluation systems, work samples, standardized vocational aptitude, and interest inventories. Will provide goal-oriented individual counseling to develop vocational plans. Completes vocational assessment of individuals referred from a variety of sources, including ACCES-VR, school systems, etc. Additionally, coordinates and completes Community Based work assessments and other work readiness activities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the principals of vocational Rehabilitation, knowledge of Vocational Evaluation and Standardized Testing, ability to apply individual counseling techniques, ability to develop plans to meet individual needs, strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to self-direct and self initiate, ability to complete necessary paperwork and reporting in a timely manner, ability to accommodate program and methods to varied populations as needed, ability to work in conjunction with other staff, ability to coordinate services among providers, and a knowledge of disabilities including developmental, orthopedic, mental health, traumatic brain, occupational disease, etc. Physical condition or reasonable accommodation(s) commensurate with demands of the job.
- Master’s Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling or related area such as Personnel, Counseling and Guidance; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and enrollment in a Master’s Degree program in Vocational Rehabilitation or related area such as Personnel, Counseling and Guidance; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) year’s experience providing Vocational Assessment Services. Evaluator II
- Master’s Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling or related area such as Personnel, Counseling, Guidance and one (1) year of experience in Vocational Rehabilitation or suitable fields; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and three (3) years of experience in service delivery to individuals with disabilities; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree and five (5) years experience as an Evaluator in a Community Rehabilitation Program and completion of specialized rehabilitation-related courses. A valid NYS driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to TRC’s insurance carrier.
- Develops an individualized plan of service by choosing appropriate assessment tools and activities.
- In conjunction with the Job Developers, develops Community Based Assessment sites and coordinates the supports.
- Develops written reports and recommendation for services based on the results of the Community Based Assessment.
- Completes and submits required reporting to ACCES-VR counselors
- Maintains ongoing communication with ACCES-VR counselor on persons progress and barriers.
- Completes assessments and reports within the authorized hours given by ACCESS-VR counselor
- Interprets and discusses test results and evaluation outcome with participants to develop vocational goals and an individual vocational plan.
- Provides person with vocational counseling, problem solving toward modifying work, assists in identifying and acquiring other resources or services, assists in obtaining specific job information.
- Assists with intake into the Vocational Evaluation Program by gathering relevant data (i.e work history, medical background, etc.)
- Administers, scores and interprets work sample and vocational testing systems, aptitude, academic and achievement testing, interest inventories, etc.
- Prepares vocational evaluation and Community Based Work assessments to be submitted to manager, for review in a timely manner.
- Assists people in completing career exploration activities.
- Attend required continuing education for CASE for ACCES-VR Employment requirements
- Obtains necessary medical documentation regarding an individual’s physical capabilities.
- Acts as a liaison with other agencies and departments mutually involved in service provision to individual and makes referrals to other service providers, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by Administrative team of Employment and Community Based Service’s
- Microsoft Outlook
- Time keeping system
- Badge Access
- E-mail (Internal Account)
- Outlook (Calendar)
- Microsoft Office
- Time and Attendance System
- Electronic Health Record System
- Internet (with research browsing capabilities, ONET)
- CASE login credentials
- Job Family TRC - Active - PFL/DBL Eligible
- Pay Type Hourly
- 75 Jones and Gifford Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701, USA