PreSchool, Kid Start - One To One Aide Part time - GLOW
In a 1:1 Teacher’s Aide position you will act as an active team member in providing for the well-being, education and supervision of children in the classroom throughout the day under the leadership and guidance of the classroom teacher. You will supervise your assigned child at all times throughout the day.
- Interacts with children in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- For assigned child, implements educational, therapeutic and behavioral plans under the leadership of the special education teacher and therapy staff.
- Shares all relevant information related to assigned child with the teachers and/or therapy staff.
- Assists child in all activities of daily living while prompting independence.
- Assists teacher in maintaining daily records, materials, and notes to and from parents.
- Functions as a positive, contributing member of the classroom team.
- Creates instructional materials for classroom use.
- Shares in clerical work such as copying materials, etc.
- Maintains organization of classroom materials.
- Fosters a positive learning environment in which the children can acquire positive self-image guiding them toward independence.
- Participates in classroom staffings to share behavioral observations and provide comprehensive services to the children.
- Supervises assigned child at all times (with the exception of lunch break, meetings and/or training).
- Other duties as assigned. This may include reassignment to another classroom in the absence of your assigned child.
- Conducts self so as to best contribute to, promote and implement the mission, philosophy and policies of the agency.
- Helps to maintain overall organization of classroom environment.
- Attends all meetings as required.
- Participates in corporate compliance and quality assurance activities as required.
- Participates in trainings to maintain training hours required by The Office of Children and Family Services
Reporting Responsibilities: Education Coordinator
Supervisory Responsibilities: Non-Exercised
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to relate to people of different backgrounds and abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, as well as the ability to work with other required computer systems to complete documentation.
- Strong time management skills.
- Understanding of typical early childhood development.
Must be physically and mentally fit to provide developmentally appropriate care for and supervision of young children. Must have the physical abilities and stamina to participate in children's play and sustain active work throughout the day.
Work with children requires:
- Ability to walk or run quickly
- Ability sit on the floor or in child-sized chairs for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch to maintain eye contact with children
- Ability to walk on rough or uneven ground
- Ability to lift children
- Ability to work in cold or hot outdoor conditions.
- Ability to maintain the safety of the environment and children through visual, auditory, olfactory and tactile senses
- Must be able to move quickly and react calmly in response to an emergency
- Must exhibit good judgment in matters concerning the health and safety of children
- Must be able to maintain composure under pressure
- Working conditions are typical for a child care setting
- Exposure to bodily fluids, potentially infectious material and communicable diseases
- Education-High School Diploma or its equivalent.
Experience working with young children preferred.
- Job Family Arc GLOW
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mt Morris, NY 14510, USA