Hilltop - Autism Training & Support Specialist-GLOW
Our Autism Training & Support Specialist is an exciting position for those who like to work with people. In this position you work with individuals with a diagnosis of Autism along with their family and team members. The Autism Training & Support Specialist assists with program design, and staff training. They help individuals improve their relationships, and social outcomes. They also help educate people on Autism and how they can help support individuals with Autism. There is an exciting emphasis on integration into the community where the individuals live. This is a job for people who enjoy learning and moving around in different environments and supporting individuals as they pursue their dreams.
Please apply online at arcglow.org/careers. There are opportunities to grow and advance in a meaningful and rewarding career.
WHAT IS ARC GLOW?
We are a parent and family-driven organization that empowers and supports people of all ages with a broad spectrum of emotional, intellectual, and developmental disabilities.
WHAT DOES ARC GLOW VALUE?
- Person-Centered: We are committed to customizing our services to help the people we support achieve their personal goals and experience full, productive lives.
- Respect: We treat the people we support and their families with dignity, and help provide guidance in achieving their chosen goals and dreams.
- Integrity: We are self-aware, accountable, responsible, and truthful in all actions at all times.
- Community: We provide an environment in which staff members, the people we support, and their families are accepted, safe, and included.
- Excellence: We achieve outstanding quality outcomes through leadership, expertise, creativity, and continuous improvement.
WHO DOES THE ARC GLOW SUPPORT?
- People with intellectual and developmental disabilities will be valued members of their communities, with the opportunity to realize their full potential and a future that is secure.
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING?
- Attend TEACCH trainings and work towards obtaining TEACCH Practitioner Certification.
- Assessment of individual skills to develop what supports are needed.
- Provide instruction and support to individuals with Autism.
- Provide the latest techniques, and develop training based on best practices for individuals with Autism.
- Providing individual and small group training.
- Document all program data and compile reports accurately and timely for billing.
- Provide transportation as needed.
- Use various software platforms for specific job functions.
- High School diploma with at least 5 years of experience working with people with disabilities.
- Associates preferred.
- Valid NYS driver’s license with a safe driving record per agency policy.
WE SUPPORT YOU IN YOUR TIME AWAY FROM WORK!
- Opportunity to grow and advance in a meaningful, rewarding career
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick time available for all employees
- Paid holidays (8 holidays)
- 401(k) with agency match up to 5%
- College Tuition Assistance
- Affordable medical insurance with agency funded Health Reimbursement Account
STRATEGIC POSITIONING STATEMENT:
- Arc GLOW will serve as a model, high-quality human service provider that develops innovative and responsive programs to meet the needs of the people we serve in a financially sustainable way. Our caring, professional, and well-trained staff are committed to providing the highest quality of care possible.
- Job Family Arc GLOW
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mt Morris, NY 14510, USA