Genesee/Orleans County Self Determination Assistant Self Hired-Comm Hab Staff - GLOW
Genesee County, NY, USA ● Orleans County, NY, USA Req #4310
Sunday, March 12, 2023
Start a fulfilling career that makes a difference in the lives of people with disabilities and their families. We have a variety of full and part-time jobs available and are looking for candidates who are eager to learn. Our employees receive a range of benefits including health insurance, company-paid life insurance, 401K, generous paid time-off and continuing education support!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads, understands the Individual Service/Life Plan. Assists in providing data for the development of Individual Service/Life Plan, as requested.
- Monitors the safety and security of each individual’s living/working/social environment as applicable.
- Completes and maintains proper documentation and record keeping
- Transport people we serve as required using personal vehicle.
- Participates in all required and scheduled trainings and meetings.
- Encourages and promotes individual’s independence and development of natural supports.
- Assists in the development and implementation of self-management techniques.
- Assists participants with monitoring personal appearance and hygiene. Will be required to assist with daily living skills as needed; i.e. assisting with toileting and/or changing depends, which may include lifting and transferring the people we serve.
- Provide support in reading & writing and support and training in time management, mobility, and other community living skills.
- Provide support, training and monitoring of individual’s household/environment as applicable to include assisting with the organization of belongings, the performance of household chores, assistance with food planning, preparation and storage, and other daily living skills.
- Provides people we serve with consumer education, which may include planning and budgeting purchases, purchasing goods; training in comparison shopping, assistance with money management, which could include assisting with recording bank statements and the development of written spending plans; and monitoring payment of rent, utilities and other bills.
- Assists in the identification, development and implementation of training opportunities and/or community based experiences and placements.
- Assign daily jobs/activities to individuals served. Monitors and trains on completion of said tasks and ensures persons served demonstrate safe and proper use of equipment and supplies when applicable.
- Has Emergency Care Worker status – provides essential services to individuals served during periods of emergency as deemed by local authorities.
- Adheres to the Code of Conduct for Staff Members and Volunteers which is included in the Personnel Manual.
- Conducts self in such a manner as to meet agency policies and standards at all times.
- Performs any other duties as deemed necessary by Self Direction Manager, Director of Community Services, and Executive Director
- Punctuality and attendance during scheduled work hours are essential functions of this position.
- Must be capable of lifting a minimum of 40 pounds.
- This position requires a valid NYS Drivers License with an acceptable driving record as determined by Arc GLOW. While driving an Agency vehicle or driving a personal vehicle on Agency business, all NYS laws and Agency policies pertaining to driving must be adhered to at all times.
- If deemed necessary, must be able to become certified in Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention (SCIP-R) and implement when needed.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One year experience working with people with disabilities is preferred, but not required.
- Valid NYS Drivers License with an acceptable driving record as determined by Arc GLOW.
- Job Family Arc GLOW
- Pay Type Hourly
- Genesee County, NY, USA
- Orleans County, NY, USA