Camp Rainbow Lifeguard - GLOW
Orleans County, NY, USA Req #4781
Thursday, March 9, 2023
Start a fulfilling career that makes a difference in the lives of people with disabilities and their families. We have a variety of full and part-time jobs available and are looking for candidates who are eager to learn. Our employees receive a range of benefits including health insurance, company-paid life insurance, 401K, generous paid time-off and continuing education support!
Summary: Responsible for supervision of campers, including general health and safety. Actively engage in activities with campers and encourage their participation to the best of their ability.
- Assist in program development and implementation.
- Supervise groups of children.
- Carry out safety procedures.
- Maintain head count of assigned campers.
- Report any medical problems immediately to Camp Nurse.
- Report any incidents of suspected child abuse or neglect immediately to Camp Teacher, Camp Nurse or Director of Community Services.
- Take an active role in assuring that each camper has an enjoyable and safe experience at Camp.
- Be prepared to plan, adapt and implement group activities that are age appropriate and meet the interests of the campers.
- Offers suggestions and assistance in dealing with children’s behaviors
- Play an active part in maintaining Camp’s appearance and cleanliness.
- Maintain a positive environment at all times.
- Complete service documentation as needed.
- May be required to be a transportation aide for busing for Camp.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Camp Teacher
- Participate in quality assurance and compliance activities as required.
- Be sensitive to any situation that could lead him/herself or others to engage in actions that would violate said policies.
- Report any violations or suspected violations of Arc GLOW
Non-essential Functions: May be asked to run errands or pick up items and bring them to camp.
Reporting Responsibilities: Reports to: Camp Teacher
Supervisory Responsibilities: None exercised
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge in music, arts and crafts, athletics, science and nature are preferred. Must be willing to assist with supervision at the pool, including getting into the water with the camper
- Must be able to maintain composure under pressure
- Must be physically and mentally fit to provide developmentally appropriate care for and supervision of young children. Must have the physical abilities and stamina to participate in children's play and sustain active work throughout the day. Work with children requires:
- Ability to walk or run quickly
- Ability sit on the floor or in child-sized chairs for extended periods of time;
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel or crouch to maintain eye contact with children;
- Ability to walk on rough or uneven ground
- Ability to lift children
- Ability to work in cold or hot outdoor conditions
- Ability to maintain the safety of the environment and children through visual, auditory, olfactory and tactile senses
- Must be able to move quickly and react calmly in response to an emergency
- Must exhibit good judgment in matters concerning the health and safety of children
Camp environment, partially indoors/outdoors
Must be over 16 years old
- Job Family Arc GLOW
- Pay Type Hourly
- Orleans County, NY, USA