Mt. Morris Kidstart-Spec Ed Teacher 6 Week Summer Program-GLOW
Our KidStart Program has provided vital services to Arc GLOW’s youngest population and their families for over 45 years. Programs within KidStart include Early Intervention, Preschool Special Education, Head Start, and Evaluation. KidStart is dedicated to providing a healthy, nurturing environment where all children can grow and function at their individual best. Special Education Teachers help nurture this success by developing and implementing developmentally appropriate curricula for preschool children. They provide additional support by developing Individual Education Plan (IEP) recommendations on each preschooler and participating in the CPSE process. It is a job for people who are interested in a rewarding profession that helps young children build a strong educational foundation.
Please apply online at arcglow.org/careers. There are opportunities to grow and advance in a meaningful and rewarding career.
WHAT IS ARC GLOW?
We are a parent and family-driven organization that empowers and supports people of all ages with a broad spectrum of emotional, intellectual, and developmental disabilities.
WHAT DOES ARC GLOW VALUE?
- Person-Centered: We are committed to customizing our services to help the people we support achieve their personal goals and experience full, productive lives.
- Respect: We treat the people we support and their families with dignity, and help provide guidance in achieving their chosen goals and dreams.
- Integrity: We are self-aware, accountable, responsible, and truthful in all actions at all times.
- Community: We provide an environment in which staff members, the people we support, and their families are accepted, safe, and included.
- Excellence: We achieve outstanding quality outcomes through leadership, expertise, creativity, and continuous improvement.
WHO DOES THE ARC GLOW SUPPORT?
- People with intellectual and developmental disabilities will be valued members of their communities, with the opportunity to realize their full potential and a future that is secure.
- Full-time, Part-time, and Per Diem, opportunities
WHAT WOULD I BE DOING?
- Developing and implementing appropriate curricula for preschool children under the supervision of an Education Coordinator.
- Interacting with children in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Developing Individualized Education Plan (IEP) recommendations on each preschooler for CPSE.
- Attending CPSE meetings.
- Implementing IEPs and updating IEPs based on educational assessments.
- Maintaining accurate, up-to-date comprehensive records pertaining to attendance, health matters, educational data, and specialized services for each child.
- Fostering a positive learning environment in which the children can acquire health self-image guiding them toward independence.
- Use various software platforms for specific job functions.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education plus a Permanent/Professional New York State Certification in Special Education OR a Provisional/Initial New York State Students with Disabilities Certification
· Master’s Degree in Special Education plus a Permanent/Professional New York State Certification in Special Education OR a Provisional/Initial New York State Students with Disabilities Certification
- Valid NYS driver's license with a safe driving record
- Excellent communication skills.
- Has a willingness to learn new skills (we provide paid training).
- Possesses computer skills.
WE SUPPORT YOU IN YOUR TIME AWAY FROM WORK!
- Opportunity to grow and advance in a meaningful, rewarding career
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick time available for all employees
- Paid school holidays
- 401(k) with agency match up to 5%
- College Tuition Assistance
- Affordable medical insurance with agency funded Health Reimbursement Account
STRATEGIC POSITIONING STATEMENT:
- Arc GLOW will serve as a model, high-quality human service provider that develops innovative and responsive programs to meet the needs of the people we serve in a financially sustainable way. Our caring, professional, and well-trained staff are committed to providing the highest quality of care possible.
- Job Family Arc GLOW
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mt Morris, NY 14510, USA