Genesee/Orleans Residential Services Coordinator - GLOW
Genesee County, NY, USA ● Orleans County, NY, USA Req #4732
Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Start a fulfilling career that makes a difference in the lives of people with disabilities and their families. We have a variety of full and part-time jobs available and are looking for candidates who are eager to learn. Our employees receive a range of benefits including health insurance, company-paid life insurance, 401K, generous paid time-off and continuing education support!
Responsible for ensuring that each Arc residence meets state and agency standards, and for providing a high-quality living experience for individuals within program budgets
- Develop, manage, and work within the constraints of each program’s budget
- Monitor Medicaid, rent payments, and OPWDD monies to ensure maximized funding. Oversee program expenditures
- Hire, supervise and evaluate the performance of Site Supervisors
- Prepare and submit management reports as requested
- Implement and monitor staffing patterns to adequately provide services per site, per individual, including holidays
- Provide 24 hour a day, seven days a week “rotating on call” services to program staff. This includes support, advisement and assistance with administrative concerns/problems as per policy and procedures
- Promote cooperation and successful interaction by maintaining open and positive communication with people receiving services, family members, and other providers, as appropriate
- Provide training as requested by the Agency Training Department
- In partnership with the Corporate Compliance Department, work to ensure that daily operations of each residence meet State regulations and agency standards
- Function as Event Coordinator for incident reporting purposes.
- Participate in corporate compliance and quality assurance activities as required
- Responsible for ensuring that state mandated plans and documentation for people receiving services meet state and agency standards
- Responsible for ensuring that funds for people receiving services are handled per agency policy and state regulations
- Other related duties as assigned
- Provide positive role modeling
- Participate on agency committees and at agency functions
- Participates in Corporate Compliance and quality assurance and improvement activities as required.
- Demonstrates adherence to the DSP Code of Ethics
Reports to: Residential Services Director
Supervises: Site Supervisors
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires good listening skills, excellent oral and written communication skills and good math and reading abilities. Basic computer skills required.
- Must have sound judgment in decision making
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving skills, ability to evaluate and network.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or elderly helpful
- Must be a positive role model and possess both excellent interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Must be able to maintain composure during emergency or conflict situations
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Be physically able to assist individuals in transferring from wheelchair to other seat when needed
- May be required to prevent an adult from falling, assisting an adult to his/her feet, etc. (adults weighing up to 200 pounds, plus)
- Walk up and down stairs.
- Four years of supervisory experience is required.
- Valid NYS driver’s license with a safe driving record per agency policy
- Will be required to use office equipment, i.e., phone, copier, fax in addition to household appliances, i.e., washer/dryer, stove/oven, refrigerator, etc.
- Work may require offsite travel to appointment / events / outings.
- Use of personal vehicle is required with mileage reimbursement available
- Job Family Arc GLOW
- Pay Type Salary
- Genesee County, NY, USA
- Orleans County, NY, USA