Entry Level Staff Accountant
JOIN A TEAM COMMITTED TO IMPROVING PATIENT CARE
It takes a team of talented people to become one of the world’s leading providers of innovative medical devices.
AngioDynamics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by focusing on the development of disruptive and differentiated technologies that address unmet patient needs and supporting professional healthcare providers around the world in the delivery of high-quality patient care.
We accomplish this through:
- A Commitment to the Highest Standards of Quality
- Relentless Innovation
- Operational Excellence
Our employees receive the highest level of training and endeavor to be the best and the brightest in the medical device industry.
We are pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit plan that supports the overall health and wellness needs of our employees and their families.
Primary responsibilities include routine and non-routine accounting tasks including: journal entry preparation, account reconciliations, data maintenance, and other tasks related to the generation of financial statements. Entails analysis, research and reporting of information for internal and external reporting. Involves maintenance of master data, developing reports and implementing procedures in support of business needs. This role is very deadline driven in a fast-paced environment with a high volume of transaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform period end account reconciliations accurately and timely (balance sheet and income statement accounts)
- Maintenance of ERP system: inputting data, coding expenses, scheduling required jobs, verifying data.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures and recommending changes
- Prepare predefined or ad hoc reports for management
- Assist with preparation of financial statements and related footnotes
- Prepare periodic reports as required for third parties contracts (such as royalties, gov’t census reports)
- Prepare month end closing journal entries accurately and timely preparation including accruals, prepaid, depreciation and amortization
- Month end analysis to ensure accurate internal and external reporting.
- Adhere to a strict month end close schedule to ensure timely financial reporting.
- Assist with preparation of internal controls and both internal and external audit activities
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS–The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Accounting
- 0-2 years of demonstrated experience in Accounting.
- 1 year in public accounting is acceptable
- Certifications Required N/A
- CPA track desired, but not required.
- Prior experience with ERP accounting systems – Oracle preferred. Host or Hyperion
- Proven ability to work in team environment
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to mange sensitive data and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office & strong Excel skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
AngioDynamics does not accept resumes or candidate submissions from third-party recruiters and/or vendors who are not expressly under current written contract.
- Job Family 2.0 Administrative Professionals
- Job Function Finance
- Pay Type Salary
- Latham, NY 12110, USA